“Really Good”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed April 9, 2012

That's really good!
I went here by chance, and was be an amazing surprise! My hamburger was soooooo soft and delicious, I would have eaten 1&1 more! I advise to everyone who searching for good food and cool location!
The staff was fast and gentle. The food was really fresh and all dishes were so particular. U need to try.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

A FABULOUS restaurant for a fun night out. The food is sublime and there is alcohol on the menu! It's also very kid-friendly. One of the few places in Santa Monica where the parking is plentiful. The only issue is: it's extremely loud inside. It's crowded, it's in a VERY small location, and the noise is horrendous. If you go in expecting a loud time, I think you'll enjoy it.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

This is a chain but don't let it fool you. Umami burgers are perfectly sized burgers (portion control people!) that are juicy and delicious! Options range from beef, pork , tuna etc and each burger option is better than the first. Make sure to try them all if you ever get the chance. Even though they are a little overpriced, you won't mind spending the $$. French fries and onion rings are also very very good. The sweet potato fries were okay - they were flavored with cinnamon and sugar so to me they were more of a desert, but overall pretty tasty. Also try the non-alcoholic ginger beer. Its a little sweet but gingery and delicious !

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Obviously what makes a great burger is a pretty subjective thing. For instance, my wife and I usually like entirely different things on our burgers. But it isn't that often that my wife and I and our three teenagers all agree on anything food-related. But this is one of those times. We here twice in March, 2012 on a trip to the LA area. And on both occasions we all agreed - these are the best burgers we have ever had. I had the truffle burger. Someone else had the Umami burger. We had both the onion rings and fries. It was all excellent. But the burgers... If the idea of eating your burger pink in the middle makes you squeamish, this may not be the place for you. They will do your burger however you like it, but try it the way they cook it by default, which is medium rare. You owe it to yourself to at least try. It is amazing. Service was excellent. Isn't overly large inside, but if the weather is nice, there are almost as many seats again outside on the patio. And there is no sign with "Umami" on it oustide - you are looking for the restaurant at the back of the Fred Segal store. Entrance is off 5th ave. If you like burgers, go. I can't believe anyone could not love these things. We will be back here whenver we are back in LA.

1  Thank SunFunFamily
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Speechless, tiny burger, a little over priced as some would say, but definitely worth it! I can't wait to go back and have some again! Very fresh and juicy burger!!

Not much service, but they are quite friendly

Taste for yourself!