“melt in your mouth burgers”
Review of Umami Burger

Umami Burger
Ranked #26 of 696 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed October 1, 2011

a little pricey but wow, their burgers are delicious! Best burger I have ever had so far...

Reviewed September 19, 2011

WOW!! The best burger I have ever eaten! I had a truffle burger, a plate of pickled treats, sweet potato fries, smashed potatoes(really, really good) and almond cherry pie. Where do I start? The burger was very flavorful and a good size. Thought it was going to be a little rare but I think it made it juicier. Sweet potato fries were soft on the inside and crispy bite. Smashed potatoes are a creamy treat. Almond cherry was fabulous!! The restaurant was a little hard to find. Go to Fred seigel and it is in the store.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

I heard Umami Burger from a friend and so when I went to California I had to go and eat there! After reading several GOOD reviews about this place, I knew what to order right away. For appetizer, we ordered the Truffle Beet Salad (the best!), we also ordered the cheesy tots (not on the menu), and sweet potato fries (a must!). For the main course, we ordered the Umami Burger and Truffle Burger. I super loved the Truffle Burger! I could eat 3 of those in one seating! My friend loved the Umami burger too.

Parking at the Santa Monica branch is also the best since it's free and it has plenty of space.

Definitely a must-try for all burger fanatics!!!

I am dying to go back to California just to have another bite of their truffle burger!

1  Thank jcd17
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We almost missed Umami because it's off of 5th street in the Fred Segel. Boy, were we glad we had taken the extra block to find it! I had the port and Stilton burger and my husband had the hatch burger--we were both very pleased with our choices. He had a beerthat had been paired with his burger and I had coke in a bottle -- fun! We also got onion rings and sweet potato fries, and it was ALL soooooo good. Our one-year old was happy with what he got of our burger and the fries -- no kids' menu, but he didn't care. They did have a high chair for him, and despite the bar vibe, the host and waiters were nonplussed by him, waving back at him and smiling. The portion size was just right -- we left feeling sated, but not stuffed. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed July 14, 2011

The burgers here are so fresh they melt in your mouth. Best burger ever had bar none! Get there early as there is a wait and order some sides as they are all good. We especially liked the onion rings and sweet potato fries.