1,515 results
All reviews free valet parking spg points spg member experience specialist resort fee within miles self parking house car mile radius few blocks small balcony high school free bikes nice lobby bike rental minute walk to the beach car service
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I arrived here with the intent to have a nice anniversary stay and explore the area. We really wanted to experience an exceptional stay and resort and thus decided to invest in a nice hotel chain and booked this hotel. We had thought this would be the same type of quality as a Ritz Carlton experience. Unfortunately we had a horrendous time and we had numerous issues in which the staff and director did nothing to show sympathy on a personal level.

These are the issues we experienced

1. When calling the hotel to book the stay we were transferred over 6 times and hung up on. Also they could not match the Marriot app pricing. Customer service was mediocre

2. When arriving to the hotel we were mistreated by the lobby staff member that was checking us In. He was in a very bad mood and all he kept repeating is credit card and photo I’d. No hello or welcome or smile. Instead just an angry face and tearing us like a rabid animal. This guy should have been a mean cop. We asked to the manager. The director came out, immediately started to excuse him and under ply the situation. He did not apologize and just jumped at providing an upgrade. But no genuine understanding or expression.

3. Staff seemed like they were a family of stuck up jocks providing bad customer service. No one nice and genuinely interested.

4. Upon arriving to our first room. The room was dusty and not very clean. The room was promised as a ocean view but it did not have any. We called right away to switch to a clean room. We waited 30 min to have someone answer the phone. They stated the room switch would not be an issue but Then back on hold to talk to director another 20min.
When director answered he stated that unfortunately he could not switch rooms do to availability. One I pushed back magically a room was available. Again no one was genuinely expressing the desire or idea of hospitality.

5. THE BIGGEST ISSUE... Feces!!
Upon arriving to our new room we settled in and left for dinner. Early the next morning I took a shower and the.started to dry my face with a “new” towel but it immediately smelled foul like feces. Upon looking at the towel the towel had two large blotches of feces which I had rubbed on my face. Horrible and unsanitary. I texted a pictures to the text hotel feature and real great response. I had to call the lobby which I was transferred to the director. The director did not apologize and said all his towels are cleaned and that the pictures did not appear to be feces. Kind hard to believe since I rubbed my face all over it. Director was very political and treated us as the “problematic customer”. Offered us 1/2 off our rate. I stated I that he could do what he wants but that i would not accept that and requested to speak to corporate. No call back yet!

6. FYI the hotel is not fancy and shows it’s age and wear.

Customers make your informed reservations.

I am requesting someone from the company call me Back

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Deepak M, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Frenchmob,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand that you have been in contact with hotel management as well as Marriott corporate. We hope this results in a satisfactory resolution and we look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Booked on line same day and pleasantly surprised to be greeted with a (generous pour) glass of champagne! The staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly the head valet. Great location near the beach. Just note, no restaurants near by to walk to at night but they do have a free shuttle to the Pier/shopping area. Would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Hello LisaJoe123,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure having you and we look forward to the next opportunity to create a memorable stay. Safe travels!

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Staff is very friendly. Not far from the pier and beach. Lots of things to do in the area.

Breakfast was good priced right for the area. Small but good selection of beers. The new wife says one of the best French onion soups she ever had and that is saying something since she orders it every time she sees it on the menu.

Rooms are nice and very clean. We stayed two nights and then went on a cruise. Came back for another night before we left. They caught on it was our Honeymoon. Not only did they upgrade our room but also sent us up 2 pieces of cake with a congratulations note.

Would definitely recommend. They where great before they knew it was a special occasion. But went above and beyond for us.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Hello Jason N,

Congratulations on tying the knot! I am thrilled we had the opportunity to help make your honeymoon memorable. Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I will be sure to share your comments with Chef Edgar (the French onion soup is also one of my favs) and the rest of our team in celebration. We look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate your 1 year anniversary!

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Been traveling for years but this front desk staff is the worst I've seen. They didn't have the booked room type and didn't try to accommodate any request. At my request to just refund so we could leave immediately, they refused and charged me the full price despite us leaving. Terrible attitude and service

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Hello Gab P,

I regret to hear your experience was not as expected and apologize that we could not better accommodate. For reservations booked through a third party, such as HotelTonight, the room type does not always interface with the guests' request and is not guaranteed. I hope to have the opportunity to host you in the future. Please reach out to the hotel directly to make any future reservations, where we can confirm room type and provide a more flexible cancellation policy.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Love coming back here for several reasons! There are so many hotels in Santa Monica but it’s the customer service that keeps me coming back.
Josh Washington is amazing with his customer service and he is one of the main reasons I go back.
We were upgraded for our anniversary and sent us a hand written note with strawberries .
From the valet to front desk to the bar . Everyone is kind. There Is complimentary valet parking which is huge in la .
Our room was amazing with an ocean view and a jacuzzi on our balcony! I will definitely be back soon !

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Deepak M, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Hello Joyce B,

Happy belated anniversary! Your loyalty is very much appreciated and does not go unnoticed. I am not surprised by Josh's efforts for your special occasion and will share your comments with him. We look forward to celebrating again with you soon.