We stayed at the Le Meridien last weekend while attending my dear friends wedding in Santa Monica. Our first impression was this was a this well located. close to the beach stylish hotel. As part of the Starwood gold program we were offered two complimentary beverages and an ocean view room.
The reception staff were accomodating and were extremely gracious about an early check in as we arrived early in the day to be in time to prepare for the wedding.
Unlike most hotels, especially in parking/traffic challenged LA, this hotel offers unheard of complimentary self park! Although spaces are limited we were able to find a space all three days.
The room itself was a good size, clean and had a nice size balcony.
Now for the less desirable aspects.... The Bathroom, very disappointing. Only two towels, one set of very basic toiletries, and when we asked for more towels, shampoo etc..letting them know we were changing for the wedding, they brought just one bath towel and never came back to replace anything that evening. No turn down service. Lighting was extremely poor, missing light bulb in the lamp and you could barely see in the dark dingy bathroom. Compared to the main room itself there was a total disconnect in the bathroom. Dark, needed paint, didnt feel clean and no style at all.
And the worst part was you could barely stand to be in there as the main light (which was not adequate) was connected to a loud annoying fan. Please please please at the very least switch out your light bulbs and connect the fan to another switch.
So all in all very mixed messages from this hotel and not all that we have experienced and come to expect from a Starwood property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from downtown Santa Monica's engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area's main leisure attractions include: Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach, are all within steps of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica. The guestrooms and suites have been thoughtfully redesigned and many offer private balconies with expansive views over the Pacific Ocean or the city skyline. The rooms and suites have a relaxed and sophisticated decor, and feature the amenities needed for modern life, including oversized desks and high-speed Internet access. All accommodations are 100% non-smoking, and offer Le Meridien Platform beds, in-room coffee makers and mini refrigerators. There is a guest amenity fee per night which includes: premium high speed wifi for unlimited amount of devices, four hour bicycle usage for any overnight guests, welcome drink upon arrival, daily newspaper, wellness classes offered 3x per week, Illy coffee offered in the lobby, guestroom, or Zest Kitchen (specialty coffees), local calls, and a house car service offering dropoffs and pickups within three miles of the hotel until 9PM daily. Complimentary valet parking for all overnight guests is included with 24 hour usage and unlimited access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Delfina Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Sheraton
- Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica