While the food was quite tasty, the service was fair to poor. The soup course was presented crusty on top as though it had been waiting around for some time for a waiter to pick it up, although it was tasty. This evening - Mardi Gras - the restaurant was fairly quiet, though they had spent a few dollars on cheap beads and plastic headwear. I had to say everything twice to the waitstaff as the music was too loud. My soup and main course were presented simultaneously so that the latter would be cold by the time I'd finished the first course. I asked why and was told that the kitchen was very busy - not evidenced by bums on seats, perhaps a lot of carnival activity in the guest rooms this evening? Anyway I'd rather have my food hot and have to wait a few minutes more, so I sent it back - always a risk, but when it came back it was hot and tasty, and hopefully without any additives! I was asked if I would like dessert, I said I would take a look, after leaving me a starter and main course menu and rushing off, the waiter returned 10 minutes later to see what I wanted - "well nothing on here" I replied, no apology given he started to tell me what they had, hard to take it in with the volume of the music, so I asked again for a menu, it had three items, but there were two specials I was told, one of which was included in the three on the menu! Bewildered, I was! Perhaps he was a new guy - if so he needs a little more supervision. I ordered the Creme Brûlée mentioning I hoped it would be hot on the top, he nodded in agreement. It arrived cold, no hot melted sugar topping and as a tart, "Not a traditional Creme brûlée" I said - no he agreed but I'd like, it I was assured. It was ok but I'd been looking forward to a Creme brûlée and this wasn't one.
Bed was too hard for me. I realize I am a delicate flower and have my "Sleep #" bed set at 20 at home otherwise I feel like I've been sleeping on the sidewalk. I realize it us difficult for hotels - but we are not all the same. Shoe shops have worked this out, they don't ask what style would you like your size 9s in? We come in differing shapes and sizes, and so beds too are not all fine for all. Some Raddison hotels have caught on but mostly it is a hard bed or sleep in the chair of maybe your car for more comfort. I take an air bed with me but maids often can't adjust and it was sitting on top of the made-up bed when I return to my room.
Otherwise clean roomy and unremarkable, small bathroom with low output shower- well it's drought conditions, so expectable. An 8oz bottle of water free (to share) or $5 for a liter and a coffee maker were the extent of the refreshments. The usual TV with no guide to what is on and an outdated channel listing, with some spotty reception - the norm for hotels. Handy bedside chest of drawers incorporating two 110v outlets most useful for travellers' (sorry, both Robert E Lee and I think traveller has 2 Ls) electronic needs. Bed for two - chairs for one! I shouldn't complain but I guess they are out to make money not impress guests. Maybe I'll try another hotel next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from downtown Santa Monica's engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area's main leisure attractions include: Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach, are all within steps of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica. The guestrooms and suites have been thoughtfully redesigned and many offer private balconies with expansive views over the Pacific Ocean or the city skyline. The rooms and suites have a relaxed and sophisticated decor, and feature the amenities needed for modern life, including oversized desks and high-speed Internet access. All accommodations are 100% non-smoking, and offer Le Meridien Platform beds, in-room coffee makers and mini refrigerators. There is a guest amenity fee per night which includes: premium high speed wifi for unlimited amount of devices, four hour bicycle usage for any overnight guests, welcome drink upon arrival, daily newspaper, wellness classes offered 3x per week, Illy coffee offered in the lobby, guestroom, or Zest Kitchen (specialty coffees), local calls, and a house car service offering dropoffs and pickups within three miles of the hotel until 9PM daily. Complimentary valet parking for all overnight guests is included with 24 hour usage and unlimited access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Delfina Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Sheraton
- Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica