I stayed at this hotel on a recent trip for business. The lobby of the hotel is great and the people that work at the hotel are great. All of this made for a very pleasant stay. According to the website, this hotel has been recenly updated. I can believe the hotel has had a recent facelift, but I would not believe there has been a major renovation to the hotel. Most of the updates are paint an furniture, but there are still a few minor issues that would require a major renovation. Here is my punch list of things that could be fixed:
There hallways are long with lots of dark corners (nothing wrong here, but a little creepy at night).
The doors in the rooms are old and cheap - they feel light and sound carries through them.
Same issue with thin doors between adjoining rooms - I could hear everything from the room next door through the adjoining door even thought it was closed. I had to leave my TV on to block out the noise.
Otherwise everything was great. The hotel does serve breakfast, but the menu is very limited.
If I was in the area again, I would consider the hotel, but it would not be a sure think I would stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from downtown Santa Monica's engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area's main leisure attractions include: Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach, are all within steps of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica. The guestrooms and suites have been thoughtfully redesigned and many offer private balconies with expansive views over the Pacific Ocean or the city skyline. The rooms and suites have a relaxed and sophisticated decor, and feature the amenities needed for modern life, including oversized desks and high-speed Internet access. All accommodations are 100% non-smoking, and offer Le Meridien Platform beds, in-room coffee makers and mini refrigerators. There is a guest amenity fee per night which includes: premium high speed wifi for unlimited amount of devices, four hour bicycle usage for any overnight guests, welcome drink upon arrival, daily newspaper, wellness classes offered 3x per week, Illy coffee offered in the lobby, guestroom, or Zest Kitchen (specialty coffees), local calls, and a house car service offering dropoffs and pickups within three miles of the hotel until 9PM daily. Complimentary valet parking for all overnight guests is included with 24 hour usage and unlimited access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Delfina Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Sheraton
- Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica