Stayed for 11 nights during switch over from Sheraton. Only thing I noticed was a change in uniforms on the day we left.
Before we arrived had requested higher floor with reasonable view. On arrival were offered choice of 2 rooms - both on 1st floor. Picked the supposedly upgraded room in the cabana suite. Was just an average king room with a pathetic view( see pictures).
Cleaning service was a bit erratic with a reluctance to replace toiletries. This was easily solved by helping ourselves from the permanately parked cleaning cart in the corridor. We also had fun negotiating around the used room service trays that lay about for days at a time.
We had breakfast once and paid $50 for not a great deal. Our biggest shock though was being charged $18!!!!!!!!! for a glass of wine and a coke!!!!!!!!!.
The hotel is situated too far away from beach and city. And although we walked almost everywhere as each day passed the walk seemed to get longer and longer(maybe because the area is quite desolate and drab).
The hotel is more suited for short stay or business trips
A definite plus for the hotel is that all staff were pleasant a and courteous
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from downtown Santa Monica's engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area's main leisure attractions include: Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach, are all within steps of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica. The guestrooms and suites have been thoughtfully redesigned and many offer private balconies with expansive views over the Pacific Ocean or the city skyline. The rooms and suites have a relaxed and sophisticated decor, and feature the amenities needed for modern life, including oversized desks and high-speed Internet access. All accommodations are 100% non-smoking, and offer Le Meridien Platform beds, in-room coffee makers and mini refrigerators. There is a guest amenity fee per night which includes: premium high speed wifi for unlimited amount of devices, four hour bicycle usage for any overnight guests, welcome drink upon arrival, daily newspaper, wellness classes offered 3x per week, Illy coffee offered in the lobby, guestroom, or Zest Kitchen (specialty coffees), local calls, and a house car service offering dropoffs and pickups within three miles of the hotel until 9PM daily. Complimentary valet parking for all overnight guests is included with 24 hour usage and unlimited access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Delfina Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Sheraton
- Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica