“Gluten-Free and Vegan Happiness”
Review of True Food

True Food
Ranked #114 of 682 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: new Andrew Weil restaurant in mall
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Gluten-Free and Vegan Happiness”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Sat outside on the patio on a lovely day and had a delightful time of discovery here. Had the cucumber lemonade and sea bass tacos and could not have been happier. Our server was sweet and kind, and we didn't have to wait. My friend had a vegan BLT and she was equally happy. I am gluten-free and had many choices here.

Visited September 2013

Los Angeles
“Healthy and Great People Watching”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Love this restaurant. The Atmosphere is urban chic, the food amazing. You can't go wrong - I've tried most things on this menu. I just have a hard time choosing. Always start out with a juice concoction - my favorite is the Kale Lime Aid.

Visited August 2013
Centennial, Colorado
“My kids wanted to return!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Not every attempt to convince children that eating healthy can taste good works, but after eating at True Food on Friday they wanted to return on Saturday. It was refreshing to have something besides chicken nuggets on the children's menu and I have since our visit recreated the almond butter and apple sandwiches multiple times. The greens smoothie was a bit of a taste adventure that we wouldn't recommend unless you need a colon cleanse, but everything else was delicious, fresh and satisfying not only for grown ups for for kids as well.

• Visited May 2013
Byron Bay
“Fresh Real Food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

How lovely to eat somewhere that you can actually taste the food, its not smothered in cheese or calorie ladened sauces.

We had the chicken teriyaki rice bowl and the lemon tart and blueberry cobbler, everything was fresh, crunchy, tasted authentic and homemade.

We waited for a table but the service was lovely, genuinely smiling staff who were helpful in their advice.

Walked out feeling full but not gross. Loved It

• Visited July 2013
Hoboken, New Jersey
“If only the service matched the food...”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I've been here three times and won't be back after #3. A friend and I were there on a Friday night . We waited about 25 mins for a table which wasn't that bad but from the moment we sat down we did not seem to have an assigned server. I understand the food runner system and it usually works out ok but no one came to our table for 20 mins. The tables around us seemed to be getting decent service but we couldn't flag anyone down and finally got frustrated and went to the hostess. She apologized and sent someone -maybe a manager - over. He didn't apologize but did take our order. We got the shaft again with refills on drinks and when trying to get the check. My friend returned to the hostess again to ask for our check. I can't remember the last time I had to do that at an LA restaurant. The hostesses again apologized on our way out but no one comped us for anything. Crazy! My friend and I have both worked as servers so usually cut some slack but this was ridiculous. This place is too busy and too pricey to not have their act together in this department. If only they had a fancy juice to give me the patience to cope with their inadequate service.

Visited July 2013