“Excellent food and wide variety of choices!”
Review of True Food

True Food
Ranked #114 of 682 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: new Andrew Weil restaurant in mall
Lynnwood, Washington
“Excellent food and wide variety of choices!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent service, high quality food, gluten free choices and low carb choices and the server was so knowledgeable and helpful.

Visited June 2013

Los Angeles
“truly very good”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Came here on a Saturday night and was concerned about parking . Could not find any parking near Santa Monica place, valet was full and driving around looking for a spot did not put me in a good frame of mind. However, once we finally got to True Food, was in for an unexpected treat.
Nice room, large, and service was very good. Wait staff knew the menu, made suggestions and were attentivie to our needs. We came with friends who were here before but we ordered different items. I had the grilled sardine as a starter. You either like sardines or you don't. Great taste, smoky flavor. We split the edamame dumplings, a good choice. My main dish was the turkey lasagna , nice texture, not overdone. I also had a " healthy drink" of some sort. Do not remember what it was but nothing special. Maybe that is why I do not remember what I drank. We split several deserts andn liked them all. I had the blueberry cobbler.
The overall experience was very positive. Be warned about the parking though, Santa Monica place has limited parking for the crowds it attracts and lots of construction make it even tougher.

• Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Very tasteful, healthful, yummy food with fabulous fresh squeezed veggie juices!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Finally made it to this SaMo Place location, about 2 weekends ago on a Saturday night, before heading to a birthday party later that evening. I much prefer the decor and ambience at the Fashion Island location in Newport Beach. It's much more spacious, clean, and feels more minimalist zen. Service was good, no complaints. We got seated within 15-20 minutes after shopping at Nordstrom. There is valet parking for convenience or city parking in the structure for Santa Monica Place.I loved the fresh squeezed green veggie juice with kale, spinach, apples, and more nutritious veggies. Loved it, sooo fresh, yummy delicious aside from being very healthful. I will definitely order it with NO ICE next time. I wanted to try something new and different from my usuals. My date and I each ordered the bison burger, after our server raved about it.. I added avocado to mine. We each got the half kale salad and half sweet potato combo as our sides! I got mine medium rare, as always. The burger was so tender and seasoned with tasty sauce, very yummy, moist, and flavorful, filling. I will definitely order this next time around. The food and service is much like the Newport Beach location, but the decor, ambience, are not as nice... I felt very light and healthful after my very satisfying meal! Ready to head out for our birthday party event afterwards!

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Best dumplings I have ever tasted!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place is a must go! We are both very picky eaters but we loved the dumplings here. The friendly waiter told us the edamame dumplings were a popular item and we tried them and it was just an explosion of flavour so we ordered another one. It was just past closing time and the chef was still kind enough to cater to us. Serving sizes were not huge but fair for the quality. Enjoy :-)

• Visited May 2013
Santa Monica, California
“great tasting healthy menu for lunch”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a great place for lunch while shopping at Santa Monica place. It's a little more casual than some of the other also great places to eat which are located on the dining deck.

Visited May 2013