“Hands down, one of the best burgers ever had”

The Misfit Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 693 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: New restaurant near the walking mall in Santa Monica CA
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Like a lot of other people, we found this via Yelp as it is one of the best listed. We decided to go there on Saturday night. Granted, we had an one hour wait to get in, but honestly, it was completely worth it. My husband had their traditional burger and I had their green chili with each of us getting a fried egg on it. The burger was so juicy, tender, but yet very flavorful. When we were first waiting to get in, we were wondering/hoping would this be worth it, and honestly yes. From now on, I will compare all other burgers to the one that I had here. Yes, this is a noisy place, but it has a lot of fun with it, and you can tell that this place has more than just the tourists going there.

There are newer reviews for The Misfit Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The major misfit at this place is describing the food as a meal...bar snacks would be a more adequate description. Whilst the service was friendly it was also slightly hap hazard. Attempting to remember orders without a notepad then coming back to check the order gives an amerteurish feel to a pricey establishment.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I did prefer this place when it was Anisette Brasserie because there was no other brasserie like it in Santa Monica. The first time I visited this place after Anisette, I was not happy. However, that being said, I returned out of "location convenience", and was pleasantly surprised. Happy hour was quite peppy for a December Friday night in Santa Monica. Seats quickly filled up at the bar. Nice staff and a pretty decent selection of wine. I had the prime rib french dip "nik niks" (sliders) were fabulous. Nice and rare and stacked high. I will return for other items on the menu!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Passed it by, not quite happy hour yet, and decided to stop in between 5 and 6. WOW. Must be a favorite locals place. Lots of happenings. Looks like the booze prices are reasonable and the small plates we saw were enough for dinner and pretty to boot. Definitely a "go back" if in the area in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

After a visit at Getty Villa we were ready for "lunner" at 4:30. Yelp recommended "Misfits" in SMonica and we were so glad they did. There were 4 of us, we got drinks at happy hour prices and my husband really liked the specialty beer but unfortunately doesn't remember its name. Ambiance is LOUD and DARK. Needed my phone light to read the menu. The staff was amazingly friendly and fun. He ordered the prime nik nik, I ordered the surf and turf (lobster nik nik and prime beef nik nik), our friends ordered the mahi mahi burger served as slider on what he said was delicious bread, an order of fries and a salad though forewarned was small arrived "small". Luckily the FREE and sublimely delicious salty, (unlimited) chocolate chip cookies were the ultimate end to our delicious afternoon fare. Recommend with the only hesitation...a little pricey. Will return from Ventura ASAP. Have to try the Brussels sprout salad.
PS on our way out they even gave us a small bag of cookies! Who doesn't love them now? I guess we made out point. Shared them with our baking friend, who is determined to "copy" them which we can't wait to taste test. Love it. You will too.