“Great place for lunch or casual dinner”

The Misfit Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 691 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: New restaurant near the walking mall in Santa Monica CA
Odessa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for lunch or casual dinner”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had burgers and fries. Not your typical burgers and fries but that's what made it special. The misfit burger with egg was interesting and you definitely want the blue cheese on the fries. Make sure you order extra ketchup.

• Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The Kale Salad is Spectacular”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I loved this salad! I can't wait to get back to Santa Monica for several reasons however the Misfit Kale Salad is at the top of the list. If it seems too healthy get it with a side of their fries, trust me you will be glas you did. The happy hour(s) are a big bonus. We tried a different one every time we went back, which was daily during our trip. The staff has a fun laid back attitude that complimented our fabulous dining experience.

Santa Monica is known for great food but we found it hard to find another place that could come close.

• Visited May 2013
Canada
“Don't just walk by....”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We walked by The Misfit many several times during our stay in Santa Monica but did not go in until our last day, a Monday afternoon for lunch. This was probably the best experience we had in Santa Monica. The place is classy yet fun, the food is very good yet not to pretentious and the cocktails are amazing. We tried several drinks which bartender Jonathan was more than happy to explain to us, no matter how buys he was. They were inventive and very good drinks with fresh ingredients and not shy on the good liquor.
While we enjoyed our cocktails we ordered some snacks. The house made French fries were amazing with 3 different dipping sauces (yes, I’m afraid one was ketchup) that were pretty good. Then a simple crunchy style chicken sandwich with amazing toppings mounted on a perfectly done piece of crunchy chicken. Delicious.
The atmosphere is energetic and the décor surprisingly French bistro-ish. Highly recommend an evening or afternoon here. Don‘t be fooled by your first glance.

Chesterfield, MO
“Will be back!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

From the Basil Gimlet to the Brussel Sprout Salad to the Ahi Tuna Burger, everything was delicious. Did I mention the Basil Gimlet? Yum.

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, service and location”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Right off the 3rd Street Promenade, it was a great place to get something to eat after a nice stroll on a Sunday afternoon. The place was very busy but since it was only 2 of us we didn't require a wait. However, I would strongly recommend making reservations if you are planning on eating here on a busy weekend with a larger party. I tried the Fried Chicken Sandwich which was very good. My only gripe would be that it comes with no side other than some garnish. For $13 I would expect at least some fries. My date ordered the Mac & Cheese with no added meats. I tried it and thought it was good but not amazing. At the end of the meal they offer some complimentary chocolate chip cookies with salt which were very good. I gave this restaurant a $$$ for price because I thought $13 for a chicken sandwich with no side is kinda steep and $10 for a simple mac and cheese with no meat is also a little steep, but they do have other dishes who's prices seemed more in line with the offering. The service was a little slow but not terribly slow when considering how busy they were. The waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about the food. Overall, we had a great time and ate good.