“The best!”

Description: New restaurant near the walking mall in Santa Monica CA
Toronto, Canada
“The best!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

On a recent trip to California, my husband and I came across this restaurant on a recommendation from hotel staff, and we couldn't have been happier with the recommendation! We both have dietary restrictions (meat and gluten) and The Misfit was a fantastic restaurant for both of us. Many vegetarian and seafood options available, and the food all came with gluten-free options!

Very reasonably priced, the whole menu was fantastic - we went there on four nights of our trip, and managed to get something different every night!

Highly recommend the mac and cheese and the shrimp with chilies.

• Visited July 2012

• Korean first
Olney, Maryland
“The happiest of happy hours!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Misfits has a fabulous happy hour. $5 well, wine and speciality cocktails. And their wells are of good quality. They have Tito's vodka from TX which is one of my favorites. And happy hour goes almost all day. I'm visiting the LA area on business. Today I played hooky and enjoyed their happy hour at 1pm. The food is quite good. I had the tuna appetizer which was very fresh and seared just right. And the grilled broccoli was very tasty (and garlicky). I'm going to attempt this dish at home.

I sat at the bar and the service was good. Never had to wait for a drink. I was reading and appreciated that the barkeeper didn't keep bugging me. The space is a bit dark, but pleasingly appointed and stylish.

I'll definitely come back and would highly recommend misfit.

• Visited April 2013
“Delish!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous dinner and drinks. If you like brussel sprouts, you'll love them here! The mischief beer was also great. Very cool atmosphere for dinner, drinks or both!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Carlysj784
Reading
“Mac and Cheese”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My friend and I visited this restaurant in early March. The waitress was a little sharp with us but that aside, it is a pretty cool place. I urge anybody eating here to order the Mac and cheese. The cheese was so stringy it took me about half an hour to prepare a mouthful on my fork. I love that! My friend had a steak which he thoroughly enjoyed and being a bit of a pig, I also ordered the Adam and Eve burger which is essentially a burger in a lettuce wrap instead of a bun. Given that the Mac and cheese was so good I was expecting big things however the burger tasted under seasoned and the lettuce wrap was simply a wedge of iceberg lettuce! It was quite disappointing. Overall I'd say the decor was top notch, the service was average and the food was a little hit and miss. This place may have got 2 or 3 stars but the Mac and cheese was so good it's bumped them up to a 4! It's the reason I'd go back.

• Visited March 2013
Boston, MA
“Great Find”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We loved this restaurant. Our friend who lives in the area suggested it. The wait would have been a while but we sat outside which was fine with us.
Our waitress was wonderful. She explained the menu and made really great suggestions. She was very knowledgable about the food and drink menu.
Our favorite plates were the bacon wrapped dates, the baked mac+cheese and the prime rib french dip. The prime rib sliders usually come with 2 but it was very easy to get 3 so we could each have one.
If and when we make it back to Santa Monica we will definitely be back.

Visited October 2012