“Amazing place to eat!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: New restaurant near the walking mall in Santa Monica CA
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I asked my phone to find me a restaurant close by. Boy I was not disappointed ! The atmosphere was buzzing, the food is amazing and the choice so extensive I could not make up my mind. We were given great service by Britney who recommended menu choices. Loads of choice under 20 dollars. Beware of the fries the portion is enormous. I would definitely recommend you pay them a visit when you next visit Santa Monica .

There are newer reviews for The Misfit Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have been to Santa Monica numerous times and typically have dinner on Montana Avenue. This trip we did some advanced research on Trip Advisor and thought the Misfit would be a good choice for dinner one night and found somewhere else for another evening. Well, we were so glad that the Misfit was dinner for night 1 because we had the opportunity, and took it, to go back the next night. Our server, Megan, did an outstanding job and it was her attitude, the food and the beverages that brought us back again. The exterior looks plain and simple and we actually missed it the first time. Upon entering we were greater by a host who would seat us when our entire party arrived. They do not take reservations. No problem though because our party of 6 was seated once they all arrived. We killed the time at the bar where we had some of the best, most creative and tasty, cocktails we have had. The food menu was equally inspiring. We had numerous appetizers which can be shared in a tapas type style, and then the burger which was cooked to perfection. I could go on for a while on the food, sights and libations, but I will stop here by saying this - if you are in Santa Monica and enjoy great food, inspired cocktail menu, good service, casual and interesting atmosphere, all at a reasonable price then you would be a fool to not try the Misfit.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stumbled into The Misfit by accident the other evening and was so surprised to find a fabulous, fun, friendly new restaurant with tons of atmosphere and a warm, jovial vibe. We were greeted by a super- friendly host and told there was about a 30 minute wait- so they TEXT you when your table is ready. How smart! We continued to shop on the Promenade while waiting! The food was delicious, the service perfect- prices reasonable and overall experience great. I was expecting possible attitude as the place is very hip, cool and a little edgy- but truly the staff was super nice and competent. Only downside is its really , really noisy! Loved the mix of customers- local hipsters, tourists, older folks- very cool...great bar scene too if thats your thing!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Misfit doesn't take reservations, so you'll want to come early to avoid a wait. (I'm an impatient person and can't stand waiting). The four of us got there at 6pm on a Sunday and were seated immediately. The restaurant was about 3/4 full by then and it is a loud atmosphere. The menu is quite varied and has many interesting items to choose from. You can order small plates (like a Tapas restaurant) to share and/or order individual entres too. We ordered quite a mix of different items and were very pleased with all of them. At the end, the server came by with a plate of chocolate chip cookies sprinkled with sea salt. They were actually tasty, and I don't usually like salty things. The service was top notch, the food very good and the prices reasonable for the area. My only negative is that the noise inside can get loud when it starts to fill up, but many restaurants have this problem. Just have to live with it or stay home. A definite recommend!!!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Judging by the crowd we could see through the window and reasonable prices on menu posted at the entrance, we took a chance on The Misfit. Glad we did! Immediately liked the it before even being seated. Young, hip crowd. LOVE the high ceiling and vibe of the space. Distance from wall to wall is equidistant from floor to ceiling. Allowed our pleasant waitress (Molly) to determine what we ate. Started with bacon wrapped dates and prime rib french dip nik niks. Outstanding! We then split a baked mac and cheese. Yum! No room for main course (slim pickings) but apps were enough. If in Santa Monica, try Misfit. You won't be disappointed.