“Great food and fun atmosphere.”

The Misfit Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 694 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: New restaurant near the walking mall in Santa Monica CA
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Love, love, love the food! My husband and I have completely different tastes. I am more of the Cali cuisine and he is more meat and potatoes. We both found several things we LOVED on the menu. The entrees are small-which we both loved. I had the roasted beet salad- to die for, kale and quinoa- so delicious! I brought part of it home- I could have ordered one, and shared one with my husband and that would have been plenty. He had the prime rib sliders and enchilada soup. Again, we both would have been satisfied with one and a half, 2 each was too much. The atmosphere is fun, very nice bar. We are typically not into the bar scene, but it was not too obnoxious, very nice and laid back.

There are newer reviews for The Misfit Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I can't say enough about the Misfit! My family of four just loved it. The dishes are small in size and are made for sharing. Every dish is made with local fresh ingredients and was made with perfection! The Mac n cheese with green chile, the fried chicken, talapia fish and chips, heirloom salad, and avocado salad were dynamite! We also complemented our food with wonderful cocktails. Atmosphere is beautiful and service was quick and professional. This was by far one of the best dining experiences we have had in awhile.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Four of us met here for happy hour on a very busy Sunday night. Our waiter was friendly and our drinks arrived quickly in spite of the crowd. Three in our group ordered the speciality drinks and I ordered wine. Our guests had an appetizer that was delicious. We all enjoyed our drinks and ordered another round. For some reason, a different waitress came by and said that I couldn't have another glass of wine at the lower price since happy hour was over--which was odd since the other three got their drinks and it wasn't even 7 pm! When we pointed this out to her, the wine was served. Not sure what that was all about, but we had a fun time anyway. The Misfit seems to be a favorite with the young, local crowd and the decor and noisy ambiance make this a fun place to go with friends. Great Happy Hour prices, too!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

7 of us went here to begin our night in Santa Monica and it was a fantastic experience all around; I highly recommend for a group dinner. From the second we put our name down to being seated, the experience was great. They took our name, texted us the wait time (45-60mins) and followed up by texting us when the table was ready. This gave us 45 minutes to walk around the neighborhood with a solid head's up to come back. I applaud the thinking behind the management for stepping it up and utilizing technology to streamline their hosting service. Moving on to the food: excellent menu for all eaters. We had two pescetarians in our group and one gluten-free and we managed to share most everything - including gluten-free mac n cheese. The menu is mostly share plates, however, you can order a burger (ahi, meat or turkey) and steak as an entree. The cocktail list is super fun as is their full bar should you wish to wait there for your table vs window shop. One last thing: this is a very reasonably priced restaurant in a part of town where things can get expensive quickly. Great value.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

From the offset the staff were very friendly and as we had to wait a little while longer than expected they brought us a complimentary starter which was delicious (Peel and eat prawns). We both had steak and chips for main, absolutely spectacular! Im hungry again just thinking about it! Very reasonably priced for an excellent standard of food. Kinda upset its on the other side of the world to me!

1  Thank flozlover