“Great Sunday Brunch”
Review of Sonoma Wine Garden

Sonoma Wine Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Sonoma Wine Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 682 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: 3rd Street
Description: A progressive cuisine with rooftop dining in the heart of Santa Monica, Sonoma Wine Garden offers guests a perch to take in the city's energy and ocean views. Our curated selection of local and international wines can be served to you at ourt beautiful open-air bar setting, or our comfortable outdoor seating for the full rooftop experience. Our menu also features an extensive collection of small-batch spirits, craft beers, and modern cocktails that highlight market fresh ingredients. Savor the seasonal creations of our renowned executive chef, Patrick Florendo, serving fresh, rustic dishes througout the day. Be sure not to miss out on our specials such as Late Night Happy Hour every night and Sunset Happy Hour Thursday through Saturday - as well as Rooftop Rosé and Champagne Brunch that provide you with a vibrant atmsphere.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Great Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

In town for the BCS National Championship Game and decided to go down to Santa Monica early Sunday, visited this place and was very impressed. Though we didn't take advantage of it, they have a great looking brunch that gives you a couple of items off the brunch menu and bubbly for two hours, we weren't really looking for that but my wife got french toast and sangria, I opted for their signature burger and a beer. The food was excellent, neither of us were disappointed and though it was very busy (Lot's of us Auburn Fans and a few FSU fans as well) the service was was fast for us and slowed down for those who wanted to linger a while. Nice decor inside, very much like wine country, they also have outside tables but those were all full. The view can't be beat, looking out over the Santa Monica pier. Don't pass it by because it's in a mall, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014

Geneva, Switzerland
“Great Rooftop Wine Bar in Downtown Santa Monica”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

A friend and I had lunch here on a gorgeous day when all we wanted to do was sit outside and bask in the sun. Sonoma Wine Garden was the perfect destination. It's right downtown in Santa Monica, at the southern end of the famous promenade, and has a huge patio from which you can see the ocean.

I'd been several times for drinks before (it's a great place to grab a late-night glass of wine if the weather is nice), but this was my first time having a meal. Service was ok, not great. The food was also good, but fairly unmemorable. I had the Three Cheese & Truffle pizza, which I found a little bland. My friend had the LA Soul Burger, which is vegetarian and can be made vegan if you ask them to leave off the cheese. She loved it, although noted that the patty was a little spicy, so be prepared!

Prices aren't cheap, but you're paying for the view, the atmosphere, and the wonderful location. If that's what you're looking for, rather than the best food ever, Sonoma Wine Garden is a great bet.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank sokarys
Crete, Illinois
“Great Outdoor Seating”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

For a Chicago native visiting Santa Monica (especially in December), the outdoor seating was so nice. The breeze and sunshine felt so good.

A Santa Monica co-worker suggested the delicious little pizza's... I don't know what constitutes little for her, but the stone fire grilled pizza was quite large and oh so good! Ingredients were fresh and delicious.

For me, this is a return location.

• Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Great bar and restaurant!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I absolutely love this place. I bring friends for birthdays and special events. The restaurant itself has a great selection of food but the best is the wine selection. I am never disappointed by their wines. You can also taste some great wines and you can purchase flights/wines by the glass so you can try.

The bar is also a great stop. They offer great gourmet bar food and their regular drinks. I haven't been here for a happy hour but I bet is great as well.

Visited December 2013
Los Angeles, California, USA
“Beautiful patio”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

But food was average. Drinks are mild too. Been there twice. Not going back again. There are better food places in Santa Monica.

Visited November 2013