“Great dining experience!”
Review of Opaque

Opaque
Reserve with OpenTable
Opaque is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #392 of 682 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cross street: 20th
Fallon
“Great dining experience!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

It was truly awesome to get to experience dinner in total darkness! It really leaves you to feeling around to find your food!

2 Thank ejweber50

Los Angeles, California
“Go for the experience”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The experience of pitch black took some getting used to. The blind waiters do an excellent job of serving and helping you understand how to manage in the dark. I thought the food was very good (we had the steak) but way over-priced. I assume the extra expense was to pay for dark, intimate dining experience and eat the expensive meal with our hands. I have gone to this restaurant twice.

• Visited March 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“It's All About the Experience”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was out here for a conference with some college students, so I made reservations for us to have dinner here. We had a tremendous bonding experience, and we laughed a lot at our own silliness. Our "guide" was patient with us, and many of us ate with our hands. Yes, the food is food is good but not "five-star" quality, but the experience is one-of-a-kind. I would highly recommend it for a group experience. Be warned, however, that if you show up too early to the Santa Monica location, you feel like you are being punked because the door is locked, and it looks almost like an abandoned building. We waited to be let in, however, and we honestly had a good time. Try it!

• Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Great experience, average food”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was a really great experience - not like anywhere else we've been before. The servers were very attentive and happy to answer questions about the experience. Unfortunately though, the food really isn't up to scratch for the price. There's nothing wrong with the food itself - it's just that when you're paying around $250 for a couple, you'd expect something a little better.

Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If it wasn't for Michael I would ask for refund”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was so excited to have this experience. I anticipated it for 2 years. What a disappointment. The food at this place was just short of Dennys. They tout your enlightened sense of taste, then they should give you food that it taste worthy. What a rip off, this concept has the potential to be so much more, and I am always willing to pay a premium for new experiences, but this was not it. Thank god for Michael, he made our night. His service was great, if not for him I would asked for a refund. Come on step it up guys. $100 pp you can do better.

1 Thank K C