“Best way to see Venice and Santa Monica beaches”

Pedal or Not... Electric Bicycle - Tours
and up
Santa Monica and Venice Private Tour by Electric Bike
Ranked #2 of 38 Tours in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Owner description: Santa Monica's 1st all electric bicycle guided tour (maximum of 5 riders per guide) along the beach thru the Venice Canals. See sights where tour buses and cars can't take you. Let the electric bikes take you further than you thought you'd go in this 2 1/2 to 3 hour adventure. Pedal...or Not.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

A fun and easy way to get around the beaches with an electric pedal assist bike. You can Pedal or Not as their name says. I am only reasonably fit and near 60 but found this a fun and enjoyable morning. My guide pointed out all the famous landmarks including the Venice Canals, Santa Monica Pier, Muscle Beach and the Marion Davies Mansion now a public beach park. I did pedal most of the way because its is almost completely flat terrain but you don't have to. I will do this again and am considering purchasing a pedal assist bike for home as this is great exercise but when you get tired you just hit the throttle and you are gliding along at a pretty good pace. Tours are in the morning, at mid day and at 4PM. I would recommend the morning tour for weekends as there are fewer people on the beach.

1  Thank LAHarleygal

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I found out about this tour after reading about it in our local newspaper and reading the reviews on Trip Advisor...one of the best decisions I made for my trip to Santa Monica!
Barb & Stephen were extremely friendly and started out our tour by showing us how to use the electric bike. After a few minutes, everyone in our group felt comfortable and in no time we were biking down the bike paths. Barb took us down the beach biking paths and showed us some of the bigger attractions such as the Santa Monica Pier, Muscle Beach, the Venice Canals, but what made the trip really incredible was her knack for telling the stories that went along with what we were seeing. If we had just rented bikes and coasted along we wouldn't have heard the great history and stories that were associated with each place.
The tour was a great pace, not too fast, not too slow and lots of time for picture stops & bathroom breaks. We were worried about being exhausted at the end of 3 hours, but we could have easily cycled for another 3 hours!!! The electric bike was truly fun to ride, I'm thinking of renting one again next time I travel out west.
Great company, great fun - definitely recommended!!!!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The six of us had an absolutely fun afternoon, enjoying sights we just would not have seen any other way. Brilliant idea, so glad we did it.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

First and foremost, the electric bikes are just great. With zero effort, we were able to zip up and down the beach bike path for long distances just silently passing everybody. You can pedal as much as you want or not at all. I just loved the electric bikes so much that I'm looking into buying one myself. The beach atmosphere is so beautiful here and Barb did a great job as our tour guide. I had way more fun on this tour than I ever expected. I look forward to doing this tour again and I'll bring my kids next time too.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We highly recommend this to anyone. It was recommended by a travel writer in the Toronto Star and his review was 100% "bang on". Barb and Stephen are terrific they created a truly memorable experience and worth every penny!! Barb shared her knowledge of the area with tidbits of history and fun facts. All 4 of of us had a great time, 3 of us were the "pedals" and 1 of us was the "or not". It doesn't matter which you prefer you will enjoy it.