“Delicious, Amazing Service”

Blue Plate Oysterette
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Plate Oysterette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 699 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We all had something different, Salmon, Swordfish (special) Bouillabaisse, and Steak, everyone loved their meal.
It's a little tight outside, but everyone is friendly, sharing a bottle of tabasco with the table next door is a great way to say hello!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We arrived Sunday 6pm and was promptly told no tables available until 9pm, but we could be placed on a waiting list to sit at the 8 seat counter. Before taking our name for the counter seating, the hostess answers the phone and upon ending her phone conversation, she then seats us at a table.
This is a very small restaurant. Besides the counter seating, there are 14 tables inside where you sit elbow-to-elbow and 6 tables outside. They do not serve liquor, only beer and wine.
We were disappointed by the limited selection of raw oysters; 3 West Coast and 5 Eastern types. We ordered 6 from the West coast and declared California Luna excellent!
I ordered the grilled fish tacos (3) which were street-size tacos. The fish was barely warm and it was served on hybrid flour/corn tortillas. OK but would of been better if the fish was warmer.
Hubby had the crab Louie salad which he said he has had much better.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

My friends and I gathered here one afternoon to celebrate a birthday. My friend likes to sample a lot of dishes, so we had crab cakes, salads, a pasta and dessert. Everything was superbly prepared and delicious. Service was very friendly, prompt and consistent. And somehow, it had an all around friendly vibe. I like that the tables are all in a row. It invites conversation. Check it out.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was there over Memorial Day weekend and made a res for 5:30pm.
The staff is amazing and I was surprised how accommodating they were given the 3 day weekend madness.
The food is GREAT. I had the best Cobb salad with shrimp followed by mussels in a curry sauce (delish). My brother had the chowder (good but not great) and the swordfish... amazing!
It is not the cheapest restaurant but definitely worth the money :)
I loved to sit outside for sunset and feel the breeze in my face it was the perfect finish for a great trip to Santa Monica.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were in town as Auburn fans for National Championship game. We were so lucky to find this place. Great food and atmosphere. It's a small place but we sat at the bar and loved it! Great fan of the lobster Mac & cheese!