“Clean and comfy.”
Review of Rest Haven Motel

Rest Haven Motel
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Found this motel through Tripadvisor. Check in was seamless, rooms are small and old, but very clean, quite and comfortable. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Jack in the box across the parking lot serves a good breakfast, or late night supper.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anhedral
resthavenmotel, General Manager at Rest Haven Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you for your remarks. We are small, basic but clean, comfortable and friendly. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Rest Haven is aptly named. It is small, but in Santa Monica the price more than compensates for the size. The staff is attentive. The property is spotless. I stupidly left a pair of glasses behind, and the hotel shipped them to me in Thailand. I am grateful.

Room Tip: Parking is a huge headache in Santa Monica. Two small pubs, O'Brein's and the Cock and Bull...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Akaitori
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a motel. I kept reminding myself of this fact (because honestly, I don't remember the last time I stayed in a motel). With that said, I showed up at 11pm to check in and the office was closed. I finally located the phone number and called. Only then did someone emerged from a room and checked me in. It's a motel! The office is enclosed in glass (bullet proof? Maybe. I didn't test it). Maybe this says something about the neighborhood. Maybe this says something about Los Angeles as a whole. We did the transaction through an opening at the bottom of the glass enclosure, with me standing outside and she safely behind the enclosure. This is a motel! She escorted me to my room through a locked gate.

The room was small, filled with a bed and two small dressers. This is a motel! She turns on the sink faucet and told me I would need to keep it running for a while if I wanted hot water. Same goes for the shower. This is a motel! The internet works best outside, she tells me. This is a motel! On my return from town the next day I had the feeling my towel was the same towel I'd used that morning. This is a motel! In the shower I could hardly bow down to wash my feet on account of how small the shower was. I'm 6.2....and this is a motel!

But I thought the place was clean enough, and the staff courteous.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ibekaba
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We happened upon this place at 10pm one night when everyone else was full and/or much more expensive. It's an old motel with a cute courtyard in the center. Rooms are very small but the owner has obviously taken care to update the place with new floors, mattresses & flat screen TV's. It's very basic but for the price of $90 & the location it could not be beat. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank 2Luvbrds
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Took the wife, kids (6 & 9 yrs. Old), and in-laws to Disney for the week. We stayed at another resort for a week but needed a place for an additional day before flying out the following morning. I booked this resort mainly for the pools and it did not disappoint. I requested an early check in as we needed to be out of our current resort by 10 AM. The normal check in is 4 PM. The girl at the desk was absolutely wonderful and while our back to back rooms were not ready at 10:45 when we arrived, she was able to get us two rooms on the same floor across the hall from each other. Instead of waiting for our original rooms to become available, we took these. The rooms were clean, beds extremely comfortable. The only oddity of the room is the half shower door and the single door that slides for the bathroom and closet. It really is no big deal and my kids thought it was really neat, however, this might annoy some travelers. The pools are spectacular. They have both a heated pool (was 89') and a non heated pool (was 75') along with 2 hot tubs, a slide, suspended bridge, rock wall, bikes, paddle boats, and a huge work out room that would put some clubs to shame. The staff were excellent and we never had a problem getting food or drinks while at the pools.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ziggy0108
resthavenmotel, General Manager at Rest Haven Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

This is not ours. We do not have pool. Thank you.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I've now stayed at the Rest Haven probably more than 30 times. I guess you can tell I love it- it's tiny and homey, just right for me. Cheap. I love the staff, there's no turnover, eferyone's friendly. I've been using the table in the little courtyard more lately for reading in the mornings. I've stayed at a few other places too, including Rest Haven's main competitor across the street, but I don't believe in writing negative reviews unless things are REALLY horrible, so enough said. TripAdvisor keeps bugging me for more reviews, I think I'll do a few for places I like when I'm in Santa Monica (frequently, I guess you can tell). Classy Cleaners on Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica Radiator Repair on Lincoln for various car repairs, there's a 7-11, Subway & Laundromat too on Lincoln & Pico (walking distance from Rest Haven). Denny's further north on Lincoln if you're not a fan of the nearby Jack In The Box (like me). Albertson's south on Lincoln.

Room Tip: rooms are all different; there are 2 small rooms that are directly off the cool little courtyard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Johnsparks
resthavenmotel, General Manager at Rest Haven Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you for your review and good words. We do have a lot of repeated customers and we cherish them all. As you well said this is a homey little motel in the heart of Santa Monica.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Nice friendly hotel, rooms are very clean and there are some nice touches. Overall don't expect anything amazing as this is a budget hotel but is good value for money. Lady at reception was extremely friendly and helpful. This is more like a family run operation so they give you that personalised attention. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jimmy S

Yes this is a budget motel in Santa Monica which an expensive city. We try on daily basis to improve the quality of our motel and listen to our guests. Thank you for staying with us. Have a great day.