Open today: 8:30 AM - 8:30 PM
High end tanning

Reviewed August 6, 2019
mauratravels1111
San Clemente, California
The Essential SoCal Summer Experience! (Best on a weekday)

Reviewed July 29, 2019
Bostonsavatage
Los Angeles, California

Recommended experiences in and around Santa Monica
from $89.00
from $79.00
from $40.00
More Info
All reviews marion davies open to the public randolph hearst sand play clean restrooms playground pch landmark passes outing picnic hollywood bike
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2019

Great location and ease of parking and high end way to to tan and eat at great restaurant on the beach ~ a little pricey but if you want VIP service and ease ~ this is a great way to go!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed July 29, 2019

This place is FANTASTIC! If you plan your day right, you could have the PERFECT SoCal summer day here. Really... perfect!

If you reserve your parking ahead of time (which I strongly recommend), it's $12 and you can get in starting at 8:30am instead of the 10am general admission. It was SUPER convenient and easy.

The window to buy tickets for the pool opens at 9am and the pool opens at 10am. We got there right at 8:30am and only steps away from our parking place was the breakfast cafe. It was fantastic! A bit pricey... like almost everything is $17... but there are tables ON the beach. So we could eat, watch the ocean while our kids played in the sand. It was glorious. You do need have everyone with you when you get your tickets, but since we were there right at 9, there was no line and we came with a friend, so they watched our table and we took turns getting tickets. Mondays are HALF PRICED!!! So $12 for adults and $2 for children. After breakfast we played on the PLAYGROUND which is (you guessed it) RIGHT THERE!!!

People line up to go in at 10am (I'd have someone in your party get in line a bit early, but really everyone was fine). Go in and pick out your spots! There are tons of lawn cots and umbrellas to shade from the sun.

When I first saw the pool I was like, "okay... it's fine". But then you are in it, it's HUGE and the ornament and detail... it's the closest thing to being able to swim in the pools at Hearst Castle! Really.

There's a small "splashed", but it's not great. Like 4 holes squirting a fountain. Not exciting. But everything else is awesome. You can bring food in. So you can picnic here! There is a restaurant if you need it. The beach is right there... so you could hop back and forth from the pool to the beach to the playground and back again. I saw a sign for a game room, but I didn't see it. Also, there is a museum just next door that gives FREE tours!

It's just a magical summer place! Do it!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

The cafe at this beach house is very nice , good food , I ordered Fred’s salad , French fries and bacon, they come out fast and tasty.
Great visit and beautiful view
If parking full, plenty public parking around for only $12.00 a day.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed May 23, 2019

I was here for an event, so that is how I would rate it. The facilities for an event are good. It is on the beach, which means if the weather isn't cold and windy, it is good to lounge for a break. I didnt take advantage of the pool or other facilities, but it was again a basic meeting location with a nice view.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed April 16, 2019

I love this place for SO many reasons. All the amenities you need for a full day at the beach. Clean restrooms, a cafe for lunch, and after a day of swimming in the ocean you can have a final dip in a historic pool. The facilities at the pool are very accommodating, with lounges, tables and shade. While not living in LA, I have spent my day on the beach, had a beautiful lunch, a dip in the pool... Then I used their facilities to shower and get dressed to drive to the airport and board my plane. You reserve a time to use the pool, if they are at capacity, they will text you..."time to swim".

Date of experience: April 2019