“Affordable Sushi”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I like going here when I want good sushi at a very reasonable price. I don't think it's as good as Sushi Roku (which is a few blocks away) but the price is much better. Out of all the sushi spots in Santa Monica, I'd rank it 2nd behind Roku. I've been here three times and every time the quality of the food is great. They have a front bar which is great for happy hour -- good happy hour drink and food deals.They also have a TV so you can watch some games. The back room is for dining and it's huge! It reminds me of Kill Bill! Like some ninjas are going to come out of the top rooms! Going back this Friday with a party of 4. Looking forward to it.

There are newer reviews for Monsoon Pan-Asian Bistro

Reviewed June 1, 2013

A beautiful restaurant with a beautiful setting, atmosphere is great...love the lighting. The food on the other hand can be really good or not so good. The staff is friendly but the servers are not quite up to the quality your expect from the beautiful interior. The Bowls are really good but the Fried Rice is not up to what you expect. Sushi is good but not great. I have gone there a couple times where the sushi was terrible so it really depends on who is working what shift. It has a reasonable price for the menu but when it is a hit or miss situation I would say stick to the Bowls. Monsoon needs to diversify in it's vegetable offerings as using the cheapest ingredients are something everyone notices.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My girlfriends and I went to attend the happy hour. Happy Hour is served in the bar area as well as the patio. Go early because it fills up quickly. We ate at the bar and had a lovely chat with the bartender who was happy to help us. The sushi was good as well as the sliders. The menu is a little confusing, but they are happy to point you in the right direction. I highly recommend the champagne cocktail. Comes in an adorable St. Germain glass. The only problem I had with this place is the creaking, slamming door. We were sitting close to the entrance and everytime someone came in or out, it would creak loudly and then slam shut. If they get that fixed, it'd be a great atmosphere!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times and have had good experiences. I feel compelled to let you know what happened at lunch today. I ordered the sushi lunch special and my spicy salmon had the texture of fish in a blender. It was quite literally, mush. I was in a hurry and hungry and took my medicine.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The setting and atmosphere inside this pan asian restaurant were lovely but the service was a little patchy and the food was well, rather "meh" for the price.

1  Thank princessboo