“a good solid place”
Review of Il Forno

Il Forno
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Forno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #228 of 696 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 29th and 30th
Transit: Santa Monica Blue Buss #8 at 28th street and walk back one block.
Reviewed June 29, 2012

everything on the menu is good to very good

the bread and tomato mix at dinner time is legendary, definitely the best in Los Angeles

I have eaten here over 100 times, and eaten everything on the menu.

Not one thing is bad.

The best item on the menu is the linguine mare monte in my opinion. Followed by the pizzas.

Its not going to be the best food of your life, but like I said, its clean, friendly, and solid.

You cannot go wrong here.

Reviewed December 10, 2010

I live in MD and visit Santa Monica once a year for business/pleasure. Some friends turned us on to this restaurant and I absolutely love their Alla Roiese Pizza (Mozzarella cheese, goat cheese, fresh tomatoes, arugula and prosciutto di Parma). TO DIE FOR!!!!
The restaurant is on the noisy side but when I'm eating that pizza the roof could cave in and I wouldn't mind!

Reviewed April 3, 2010

We were visiting our daughter and she knew about this nice restaurant near the Starbucks, every other place we tried was a long wait...Il Forno could seat us immediately. What a great dining experience. We loved everything, the service was great and each dish had great flavor. I would recommend this to a friend and we will go again.

Reviewed February 15, 2010

Its Valentines day, the place is packed, no real waiting area, but again, it is Santa Monica, just wait outside. I lived in Italy for 2 years. This is just like a good Italian joint, packed. The food was cooked perfectly, I recommend the Osso buco or the gnocchi. The Malbec, the only one they have was superb. The service, despite being packed and down a server or 4, was on the spot. Very Serendipitous. Id go back again and again. The prices are what you expect from a nice place. The 2 of us, 2 entrees, 1 starter, 2 deserts, espresso and a bottle of wine. 130 bucks plus a tip. very reasonable. Just down the street, the same thing would have cost around 2oo. GO HERE>..

Reviewed October 9, 2009

Il Forno is tucked away in a mini-mall, and could easily be missed. Another Italian restaurant is only one block away, and has a much better location, but Il Forno surprised me with their excellent service and authentic cuisine. I have just returned from a 2 week visit to Florence, and I must say Il Forno is the closest I've had to Florentine fare. They serve a delicious bruschetta-style topping to spoon onto freshly baked bread, which is a great way to start a meal. The filet mignon was some of the most tender, flavorful meat I've ever had, and the lemon-hazelnut cake was creamy, crunchy and tart - delicious! The service was prompt without being intrusive. I can't wait to go again!

1  Thank noellevida