“Oyster shooter!!!!!!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Santa Monica Blvd
Description: Welcome to Wokcano! Located on 5th Street just south of Santa Monica Blvd, we boast a full bar and lounge, expansive dining room, an upstairs outdoor patio (the largest in Santa Monica independent of a hotel) that is enclosed on four sides for privacy, as well as private party facilities to accommodate any need. We are open from 11am to 2am daily. Our exquisite selection of sushi & vast array of delicious Chinese food paired with our warm lighting, hip music and wood-accented decor, you are sure to find everything you are looking for at Wokcano. Happy Hour: Mon-Fri 4pm to 7:30pm
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This was my first time there,but the restaurant itself was recommended to me before by my friends,anyhow,we went there with my friend,just for some snacks and drinks after a hectic day at work and what a surprise it was...the drinks are fabulous the lounge aerea upstairs was very pleasuarable and the Oyster shooter with an quail egg,,,THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD,not kidding,please try this restaurant,the sushi we ordered was also delicious,don't remember exactly the name of the dish,but I'm sure everything else no matter the name is as delicious as the one we had,our waitress was little bit distracted but somebody else came to our rescue,I think he was one of the managers working that night,he was great and very gracious and just because one person had a bad night at work I won't say anything bad about this place,,,I should know myself,because I work in the restaurant business also.Please go and enjoy the greatest oyster shooter ever invented if you are a fan!!!:))))

Reviewed March 17, 2012

This place is one of my favs in Santa Monica area...Lunch is good, happy hour is great and so is dinner!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

The mashed potatoes with asparagus and lamb chops was delicious.It was New Year's eve and everyone was busy decorating the restaurant with dim lights and the outside ambience was great .It was crowded at the pier and what was special about the evening was it was dense foggy.A very rejuvenating experience to say the least.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I love that you can get sushi and cream cheese wontons as well as mongolian beef. There is so much to choose from and it is all very good. The restaurant is a bit pricey but it tastes so good and it has a nice dining atmosphere. If you want to get takeout (for the friends you left behind) it is quickly prepared and ready when you are ready to leave.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

When I walked in to this place it turned out it was much bigger than I had thought. There is downstairs seating, they make the sushi there, and seating upstairs both inside and outside, which is kind of a rooftop/courtyard area. The atmosphere is pretty mellow and in the evening it is dimly lit. The server was very helpful with providing menu information since this was my first time out ordering sushi. I went with the Spider Roll which I thought was very good. I shared Crab Wonton and Edamame with a friend, and we enjoyed those, as well. We left after dinner to go down to the pier, then came back later. We sat outside for a drink this time and there were comfy sofas and a lot of open space and music. It seems to be a great place both for a nice dinner or just for drinks.