“Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of FIG

FIG
Reserve with OpenTable
FIG is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 676 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Ocean Avenue & Wilshire Blvd
Description: A Mediterranean inspired bistro named after Santa Monica's famous landmark, the 137 year-old Moreton Bay Fig tree, placing strong emphasis on sustainability and indigenous ingredients. FIG features a frequently changing seasonal menu, Cheese and Charcuterie Bar, approachable wines by the glass, and a signature cocktail program.
Adelaide, Australia
“Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had breakfast here daily while staying at the Fairmont Mirimar on business.
The food is great and the range good too.
I really liked indulging in the breakfast burrito, but there were healthier options there too.
In the evening I'd pop in for a glass of wine, though a little expensive (glasses starting at $13), the list was good.
Would liked to have tried the cheese tastings, but didn't get the chance; maybe next time.

• Visited October 2012

Williamstown, Massachusetts
“Fun, Stylish, Inventive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We tend not to dine in at hotels but we did at Fig-- several times-- and we're glad we did. Everything we ordered was inventive and beautifully presented (but it was not over-the-top).

Visited July 2012
Napa, California
“very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went to celebrate my brother's 80th birthday. We requested a table for eight. We were not aware of the noise level of the place nor we would be sitting at an elongated table. I was at the end and I could only communicate with the person to my immediate right or directly opposite me. It is obviously favored by a much younger crowd.
The food was expensive and small portions. It was not tasty. I ordered the scallops. Five small ones came with nothing else. I also had a fruit plate for dessert which was very small.
My wife had the curry dish which she found to spicy for her taste. You have to beg for bread. The salad although fresh had a non-descriptive dressing.
I suggest you find someplace else to eat.

• Visited October 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“I'd eat here all the time if I was a local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I ate breakfast and lunch here a couple of times - everytime I was delighted. I love that they have healthy options that are also yummy! Service was great as well.

Visited September 2012
Marina del Rey
“Great market-fresh, ever-changing menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We did a dinner party in the private room (room for 20, we had 14) and did the "feed me" option where the chef just serves what he loves and what is fresh, and it was abundant and delicious. A great option for a lunch meeting, party or romantic dinner. We've also done Thanksgiving there with our toddler -- they bring the whole feast at once, it was perfect for a short-attention span toddler with foodie parents.

Visited October 2012