“what a great find!”

Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
toronto
“what a great find!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Been staying in the Santa Monica area for years, this place is the perfect spot...quiet, huge rooms, great little pool and at the perfect stretch of Santa Monica beach. The staff are the best, most professional and nicest anywhere around, felt like home from the minute I arrived

Room Tip: need an ocean view!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear torontojeff,

I am glad that after all the years of your travels to Santa Monica you were able to find us and call the Oceana your home away from home.
This residential area of Santa Monica is indeed the perfect spot to enjoy the relaxed and peaceful ambiance of the hotel.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future when your travel plans bring you back to the Santa Monica area.

Christoph Moje

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Situated at a very quite boulevard
Nice swimmingpool inside
Friendly staff
Big rooms and comfortable
Good comfortable beds
Absolutely a good adress to stay
Good gym and wifi super fast
Very nice breakfast

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alwin v
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Alwin 24,

I am delighted that you and your wife have thoroughly enjoyed your time at the Oceana with its quite and serene surroundings. I hope you made it back safely to Europe and if you want to escape the cold weather please do know that you always have a home here at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel in Santa Monica.

Thank you again for your kind feedback.

new jersey
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Spent two nights there with my two sisters. We had a suite. It was incredible. The staff was genuinely happy to help with anything we needed. They were the friendliest staff i have ever encountered. The hotel was in quiet area which was so nice when you r on vacation. The hotel is right next to Montana street which is less touristy and has great shops and restaurants and about ten minute walk to promenade and shops and restaurants. We did yoga one morning which was fantastic! Thanks so much. We would love to come back!

• Stayed November 2013
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear chezpoof,

I am extremely pleased to learn that you and your 2 sisters truly enjoyed our home while vacationing in Santa Monica. It looks like you took full advantage of all what the hotel as well as this wonderful neighborhood has to offer.
The team here at the Oceana is very grateful for your kind comments and we are eagerly awaiting your return visit.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were on a two week business trip and a co-worker had really nice things to say about Oceana, so we went here instead of the usual Fairmont or Viceroy. Four things really annoyed me about the stay.

1. The walls are super thin, so I could hear every conversation, television program and tiny dog bark from the next room which was terrible for sleep quality.

2. They treat soap like a rare commodity, housekeeping will wait until your bar of soap is all but a sliver before replacing it and by the last two days of my two week trip, they didn't even bother replenishing my soap at all.

3. When I cut my finger open on a chipped bowl at breakfast one morning at their restaurant (Tower 8), the wait staff did not even apologize and blankly stared until I had to specifically request a bandage.

4. They lost my laundry for a couple of days so I had to wear unwashed clothes to work for those days. And to add insult to injury, not only was there no apology for their error, they charged me even more money because they said my running shirt was not a "t-shirt" but rather a "sport shirt".

Needless to say I won't be returning here nor will I recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: If you don't pay extra, you'll get a view of an alleyway or a dull street.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MiniSpartan
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear MiniSpartan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel. While I realize your stay was less than perfect, I appreciate your time to share your feedback about your experience as I do understand how disappointed you must have been with some of our service lapses during your time with us.
Rest assured I have shared your comments with the hotel team. It is most disappointing to hear we did not meet your expectations and provided you with an unsatisfactory service experience. There is nothing more important than a good night's sleep and a worry free time while you are attending to your busy schedule and I am so sorry to hear that we prevented this from happening for you.
It is completely unacceptable to know that we left such a poor impression of the hotel with you. But your feedback is greatly appreciated a it is only in this way that we can improve upon our shortcomings. I can only hope that we will somehow have the opportunity to be of service to you again and change your perception of the Oceana Beach Club Hotel.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

if you look for a kind of hidden jewel right in the middle of St. Monica and you have the money....! go for this one, an absolute fantastic Hotel, with very very kind and helpful staff.
we stayed in room 213 at the pool 2 floor a great room very quiet and very spacious, great beds.
the atmosphere is very relaxed no outside visitors, a small dining / lounge room, great breakfast and lunch food, we did not have dinner so I can not comment on this but for sure it's good.
The only thing which could also be a good thing is...that the sun disappears in the afternoon as the pool is in the patio, but for me no problem.
I suppose the rooms at the front of the Hotel facing the ocean are more noisy, and less private.
if....and I will... come back I will for sure want the same room or at least at the same level or at level 3, not ground floor.

Room Tip: not groundfloor and I personally would not want to stay at the oceanside as traffic drives by and le...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear elizabeth47_12,

I am extremely grateful for the very kind words regarding our home as well as our wonderful team members. For sure I will be happy to share your feedback with the staff. I have updated your profile already regarding your room location preferences when you will be returning to us. Also I do hope you will have the opportunity to dine with us upon your return as our 2 star Michelin chef Josiah Citrin would be delighted to serve you some of his favorite dishes.

Thank you again for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future when your travel plans bring you back to the Santa Monica area.

West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Such a beautiful hotel set in a residential area directly across the street from the Palisades Park. Beach access is about a 10 minute walk, and the pier is a short bike ride away. There is a variety of restaurants in the area in all price ranges (though if you're looking to treat yourself, I recommend BOA steak house). The photos on their web site are true to life, which can't be said for many hotels. We stayed two nights in an ocean view room and had a clear view of the sunset over the water. The staff were very friendly and eager to please. A couple complaints, and this is really digging: the wireless internet was so slow that it was useless. It was quite noisy - and some street noise should be expected since if you're on the first floor you can open your window and almost step out onto the sidewalk. But the bulk of the noise was from the cleaning staff banging around furniture in the morning. We didn't eat dinner at Tower 8, but ate at the breakfast buffet there. There was good variety of foods, but it was $30 per person and the eggs were powdered. We wouldn't have eaten there, but it was our last morning and we hadn't used our $50 Tower 8 gift certificate that came with our room. Overall though, it was a great stay. Prices are comparable to other similar hotels in the area. We would go back!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise, corner rooms have less pool noise. An ocean-facing room is wor...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Ashlie F,

I am glad that overall you were able to enjoy our home and have enjoyed our relaxed but yet refined ambiance while visiting Santa Monica. I certainly do apologize for some of the noise disturbances caused by our staff during your stay. I will make sure we use this feedback to train our team members to be more cognizant of their surroundings. I have also updated your profile to reflect your wish of a higher floor and a quite area for your return visit.

Again, I am grateful for sharing your thoughts as it helps us to improve upon our service delivery. We are eagerly awaiting your return to the Oceana Beach Club Hotel.

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our son just got back from Afghanistan and wanted to relax. What a great choice the Oceana turned out to be! Great accommodations, great service that was exactly what our Marine ordered. Thanks to the staff for the VIP treatment they gave us and our son.

Room Tip: Is floor suites are fantastic.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Pmhgroup,

I am extremely pleased to learn that we gave you and more importantly your son a much needed time to relax and simply enjoy all that Santa Monica has to offer from shopping to breathtaking nature views right outside our front steps.
We here at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel salute your son and are very thankful for his service to our country.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our home in the very near future.