Oceana Beach Club Hotel
$479
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$189
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
$388
$309
  • Breakfast included
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
$531
  • Beachfront
$342
$263
  • Pool
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$249
  • Beachfront
$423
$373
Agoda.com
$560
  • Pool
Shutters on the Beach(Santa Monica)
$778
$740
1,274 results
All reviewslanai suitemelrose placebeach cruiserspool areaboutique hotelfree bikeshome away from homesmall hotelrooms are spaciousocean viewocean avenuefavorite hotelloved this hotellos angelesglass of champagnefew blocksthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for a few days. Couldn't be happier. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean, nice, and spacious. It's not a super fancy room, but it's got style and charm. Not much of a view, unless you get ocean front. The pool is SMALL, but gets the job done if you want to cool off. It's also a nice lounge area with a nice fireplace for a late night glass of wine. There are bikes available for free for a boardwalk ride that's just across the street. The Santa Monica pier and mall are just a few blocks away. This is not a see and be seen hotel, it's low key and perfect for a relaxing quick getaway. Don't know what all the bad reviews are all about, I've had no such experience here. All positive. One con was the food, the restaurant wasn't as good as I expected, but I hear it's gotten better.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Anna R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your most recent experience at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel.
I am thrilled to learn that you truly enjoyed all aspects of our hotel in particular our team members. I certainly will share your kind comments with each and every one of them.
When you decide to return to the Santa Monica Area please do feel free to contact me personally to set up your reservation for you.
Thank you again for your kind words and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our home.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel has a fabulous location right across from one of the best sunset watching spots in ALL of Los Angeles. Great walking, jogging, and people watching area. I have stayed here about ten times and always am impressed with the level of service. I like smaller hotels that have cozy bars and restaurants and where people remember me. The location couldn't be better to explore Los Angeles (fifteen minute drive from LACMA, ten minute walk to beach, ten minute drive to Malibu, fifteen minutes to Beverly Hills, fifteen minute drive to the Grove/LA Farmer's market, ten minute drive to Brentwood Mart, etc. etc. etc.).

Great new addition was the revamped bar and restaurant. Now serving classic cocktails, small plates, and progressive American food.

Awesome pool for the kids and people are always lounging around the public areas. It seems, like me, there are always families taking multiple rooms and using the Oceana as a home-base for LA excursions. Especially nice are the suites where the kids can have a pull-out queen or king sofa bed and mom and dad can have a closed door bedroom with an ocean view.

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view suite; worth the price if you are travelling with kids.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fpk932
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear fpk932,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment so fondly on your most recent time with us at the Oceana.

I am thrilled to learn that you continue to enjoy our facilities and recommend us with your review. In particular I am excited you have enjoyed our newly renovated Restaurant Tower 8 with its new menu from award winning Chef Josiah Citrin. As a born and raised California individual he takes a lot of pride in each of the dishes on the menu.

I am looking forward to your return visit in the very near future.

warmest regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Really fab hotel with fab service and fab everything i know it's a bit pricey but you will not be disappointed the best thing about bit for me is the calm,intimate,friendly,relaxing ambience with a super little pool - one slightest little moan the room was great but theview was just the bins but next time (and there will be a next time) must ask for ocean view.Thanks Oceana beach club for a fantastic holiday!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear TubbyBartonYorkshire,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel.
I am excited to learn that you and your family have brought back such fond memories from our home here at the Oceana. We strive to provide a very calm and relaxed atmosphere in our intimate setting and to see that we lived up to your expectations is wonderful.

Please absolutely contact me personally when you are ready to return to the Oceana so I can assist you in selecting a wonderful room with an Ocean View that you for sure will not regret.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at the Oceana the first week of May. Greeted promptly by the valet. And check in was quick. The small boutique feeling of the hotel was nice. Location was great with a short walk to the pier and restaurants down in the main part of Santa Monica. Shower (great water pressure) and large towels were nice. There's a small heated pool but didn't swim while there. A mixture of families and business travelers alike.
I stayed in one of the smaller rooms in the corner on the first floor. Even in a smaller room they were plenty big. The walls were pretty thin however. I could hear a cell phone vibrating on and off in the evening and mornings. It might have been above me or next door - hard to tell. I had no issues with noise during the night other than the cell phone. No view from my room.
Be aware there is a $25 service fee added to your bill for each night. I believe this charge included the wifi and use of the pool.
Overall it was nice but I guess I expected more for cost.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank scott2923

Dear scott2923,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel.

I am glad to learn that overall you had nice and relaxing time at our boutique hotel. The location of our hotel is certainly something most of our guests are enjoying as it is still close enough to all that Santa Monica has to offer but when you return from a busy day of activities a tranquil serenity awaits you.
For your next stay I would be happy to assist you in recommending a room with a view of the ocean that you probably would enjoy a bit more.

Again I am grateful for your feedback and am looking forward to welcoming you back to our home in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations.

It was difficult to find a hotel in Santa Monica that was small, included Wifi in the price and free bikes and was not ultra expensive. We found it.

We got the bespoke suit for a very good price that turned out to be the size of a decent one bedroom flat in Europe plus the decoration was lovely, like a beach house. It even had a small office.

The bed was big and very comfortable, a tiny bit too soft. But the million nice pillows made up for it.

It is located in the quiet residential area of Santa Monica,which was perfect for us because it was quiet, yet we could walk to the busy streets which were very close. It is right across from the beach so you take your bike and off you go.

The hotel used to be a residential building so it is cosy and convenient. The pool is heated and gets sun most of the day as the building is not very tall. The atmosphere is very relaxed, they play nice chill out music in the common areas.

They have 24h room service which works great for the jet lag. The menu is not very long but the quality is good.

Concierge services were very helpful and they booked restaurants, hairdressers and helped us with a lot other things.

The amenities in the room were of very good quality. As was the wooden cot we got for our son.

We will go back if in town, we really felt sorry to leave

Room Tip: Get the bespoke suit
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lizard7275
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Lizard7275,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us here at our home at the Oceana.

I am extremely excited to learn that you had an all-around "perfect" stay with us when you visited us with your family. it looks like you took advantage of all our services and amenities we have to offer and my team was able to exceed your expectations.

We can't wait to welcome you and your family back to the Oceana in the very near future and hope you will make this an annual family tradition.