“pacific paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
yorkshire
“pacific paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Really fab hotel with fab service and fab everything i know it's a bit pricey but you will not be disappointed the best thing about bit for me is the calm,intimate,friendly,relaxing ambience with a super little pool - one slightest little moan the room was great but theview was just the bins but next time (and there will be a next time) must ask for ocean view.Thanks Oceana beach club for a fantastic holiday!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear TubbyBartonYorkshire,

I am excited to learn that you and your family have brought back such fond memories from our home here at the Oceana. We strive to provide a very calm and relaxed atmosphere in our intimate setting and to see that we lived up to your expectations is wonderful.

Please absolutely contact me personally when you are ready to return to the Oceana so I can assist you in selecting a wonderful room with an Ocean View that you for sure will not regret.

Christoph Moje

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Burnsville, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at the Oceana the first week of May. Greeted promptly by the valet. And check in was quick. The small boutique feeling of the hotel was nice. Location was great with a short walk to the pier and restaurants down in the main part of Santa Monica. Shower (great water pressure) and large towels were nice. There's a small heated pool but didn't swim while there. A mixture of families and business travelers alike.
I stayed in one of the smaller rooms in the corner on the first floor. Even in a smaller room they were plenty big. The walls were pretty thin however. I could hear a cell phone vibrating on and off in the evening and mornings. It might have been above me or next door - hard to tell. I had no issues with noise during the night other than the cell phone. No view from my room.
Be aware there is a $25 service fee added to your bill for each night. I believe this charge included the wifi and use of the pool.
Overall it was nice but I guess I expected more for cost.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank scott2923
Dear scott2923,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel.

I am glad to learn that overall you had nice and relaxing time at our boutique hotel. The location of our hotel is certainly something most of our guests are enjoying as it is still close enough to all that Santa Monica has to offer but when you return from a busy day of activities a tranquil serenity awaits you.
For your next stay I would be happy to assist you in recommending a room with a view of the ocean that you probably would enjoy a bit more.

Again I am grateful for your feedback and am looking forward to welcoming you back to our home in the near future.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations.

It was difficult to find a hotel in Santa Monica that was small, included Wifi in the price and free bikes and was not ultra expensive. We found it.

We got the bespoke suit for a very good price that turned out to be the size of a decent one bedroom flat in Europe plus the decoration was lovely, like a beach house. It even had a small office.

The bed was big and very comfortable, a tiny bit too soft. But the million nice pillows made up for it.

It is located in the quiet residential area of Santa Monica,which was perfect for us because it was quiet, yet we could walk to the busy streets which were very close. It is right across from the beach so you take your bike and off you go.

The hotel used to be a residential building so it is cosy and convenient. The pool is heated and gets sun most of the day as the building is not very tall. The atmosphere is very relaxed, they play nice chill out music in the common areas.

They have 24h room service which works great for the jet lag. The menu is not very long but the quality is good.

Concierge services were very helpful and they booked restaurants, hairdressers and helped us with a lot other things.

The amenities in the room were of very good quality. As was the wooden cot we got for our son.

We will go back if in town, we really felt sorry to leave

Room Tip: Get the bespoke suit
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lizard7275
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Lizard7275,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us here at our home at the Oceana.

I am extremely excited to learn that you had an all-around "perfect" stay with us when you visited us with your family. it looks like you took advantage of all our services and amenities we have to offer and my team was able to exceed your expectations.

We can't wait to welcome you and your family back to the Oceana in the very near future and hope you will make this an annual family tradition.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We just spent 3 nights at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel. We live just a few miles away & thought it would be fun to take our family to the beach for a few days! We were a party of 12 & had booked 4 rooms. Each room was spacious & well appointed including one with a kitchenette that made it possible to feed our grandchildren throughout the day. The property is kid friendly & the size of the hotel is most appealing. More personal service, quieter & more laid back than the large hotel chains. The restaurant on grounds is wonderful - the menu varied enough for adults & children. Our only complaint is that it is only open for hotel guests! We look forward to returning as soon as the opportunity arises.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Traveller90212,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel. I am glad that you and your entire family had such a memorable time at our home. We are in particular excited that you as our neighbors were able to visit our facilities to enjoy some well-deserved family time with your loved ones.
It is indeed our highest mission to provide an ambiance where you can relax in a tranquil setting with un-matched, warm and sincere service from our very dedicated staff.
I am looking forward to welcoming you and your family members back to the Oceana in the very near future.

New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

As someone who has traveled quite a bit, I was very disppointed in my recent stay and felt it necessary to share my story. It seemed to be one thing after another over the course of 3 days. Arrival was lovely and I was placed in a lovely room; however I chose to move due to street noise. I was placed in the smallest darkest room of the hotel- which was fine by me until woken up by not 1 but 3 garbage trucks starting at 5:45AM. Upon leaving the hotel the next morning, the Front Desk told me if I didn't mind packing my things they would move me to another room later in the day. Upon returning to the hotel after a long day, I was informed "so sorry but we are sold out and nothing is available" I didn't ask to be moved this time; they offered. Why offer and how did you not know earlier that day you were sold out that night. I didn't need to take the time to go back to my room and pack my things.
In my room, the radio didn't work, the desk lamp didn't work, and most of the TV channels were snowy and didn't work. The next morning, I reported all of the above. When returning to the hotel later that night, my room key didn't work.... and its not the programmable key that just stopped working. They are the old fashioned keys with holes in it. Made no sense. By the time I got into my room, and noticed that the radio, tv and desk lamp were still not fixed- I simply ignored it all, until an engineer knocked on my door 10 minutes later (after 10pm) and offered to assist with the TV. After 15 minutes he told me the head engineer is not in the building and he apologized that he wasn't able to fix the channels. Not a big deal either as I didn't want someone in my room after 10pm trying to fix a TV that hasn't been working for 2 days already! At this point, I was fed up and annoyed, and for a laid back person, it does take a lot. I decided to write a lovely email to the GM and not complain but rather give him feedback that could be used in training and product enhancement; however, he has chosen to ignore my email to this day, no reply. I felt it left me no choice but to air my frustration here.
The location was wonderful, and a few of the staff stood out like Jefferson and John. The rest of the staff was young and a bit snooty.
One last note- if you plan to travel to this hotel- make sure to request a room on the top floor, which is the 3rd floor. Otherwise you will hear everything and I mean EVERYTHING all night long. Thinnest walls of any hotel I have been in. The price/value of this hotel has a lot to be desired and is less than stellar.

Room Tip: Book 3rd floor or don't go there.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LGR521
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear LGR521,

Thank you for your time to review your latest experience a the Oceana Beach Club Hotel.

While I realize your stay was less than perfect, I appreciate your time to share your feedback about your experience as I do understand how disappointed and frustrated you must have been with the overall service levels of the hotel.
I truly apologize for this less than stellar performance. I still would love to have the opportunity to connect with you in person as I have not received your email that you have mentioned in your review. Otherwise I would have certainly reached out to you to find an adequate solution to your stay.
You can reach me on my direct line at the hotel at (310) 656 6028.
Again, I would like to thank you for your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Everything about this hotel was easy--getting a bellman, parking (valet or street), checking in, ordering food, swimming, sleeping comfortably. This small boutique hotel was well staffed with a hotel manager visibly present and everyone was on the ball without being over eager. Decor is fresh, extremely eclectic, in mostly ocean blues and greens. Linens and towels are high calibre (Frette, I think) Coffee table books and mags in room. Food was really fresh and well-prepared. I would be a regular at the restaurant if I liked there. Fell in love with the "Small Meatballs" plate. One surprise was that the coffee was mediocre--seems like a bit more thought could be put into it. But that is completely minor within our whole experience. The central pool was a great place for us to relax, eat, and catch up with our friends. We loved this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear FreqTravel77,

I am very humbled by the kind words you have shared with us about the quality of our hotel and more importantly about the overall service levels you received from each of our team members.

I am looking forward to your return visit to the Oceana and I will make sure to keep some of those meatballs aside for you to enjoy.

Again thank you for your feedback.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to my stay on the beach. When I arrived to my room I was very disappointed. With the room being as expensive as it was I had very high expectations. The walls had mismatched paint from all the
patchwork. I will post pictures. The quality of the restaurant was absolutely amazing. They did have great service I just felt that for a room with that price level it would be much nicer with a better view.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear JQBarker,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your most recent experience with us. I truly appreciate your feedback about the quality of the room itself and have taken steps to correct those issues with our Director of Engineering. For future stays I would probably recommend our Signature one bedroom suites that face our pool area or any of the ocean view suites that all feature magnificent views overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

I am glad you enjoyed the food and service in our new restaurant Tower 8. Our team is thrilled to hear those wonderful comments.

Once again I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you in the very near future again. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to set up your reservation.