$313
$276
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$297
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
$357
$319
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge by Wyndham Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$204
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
$544
$472
$306
$269
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $304/night.

$475
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$459
  • Beachfront
All reviewslincoln blvdgreat locationaway from the roadcoffee making facilitiesnice place to staymain roadwalking distancefree parkingair conditioningfollowing morningrooms are cleanstayed for two nightsminute walkthe big blue busvenice beachnice roomfew blocks
Reviewed February 11, 2017

This is what is says on the box - a motel. Basic but clean. Staff were ok but don't expect any frills. The location is great for the Santa Monica Pier and for the beach. The areas not as nice as it used to be but still good fun.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank sallythomson
svanger, Front Office Supervisor at Santa Monica Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2017

Dear sallythomson,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Review,

Our Housekeeping Team works hard to ensure all our Guest's are provided with an exceptionally clean room. I am happy to hear that you were able to see that during your stay with us.

Our Motel is one of the most affordable places to stay in the Santa Monica area and we hope to see you again the next time your in the Santa Monica area.

Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed February 9, 2017

I was welcomed early morning after my long flight from Australia and was thankful to be able to check in early. The motel is easy walking distance to the main attractions with an affordable price. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank 761cam

Dear 761cam,

Thank You for taking the time to share your feedback

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and are glad the Motel met your needs and that you had a wonderful time. We value our guests and their feedback and hope that you will return to the Santa Monica Motel next time you visit the area.

Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed January 26, 2017

I made the reservation well ahead of time on Booking.com. I reserved 6 rooms for 24 people (each room had 2 beds) but, upon arrival, that's not what I received. First, they couldn't find our reservation. And when they did, they gave me 6 rooms with only 1 bed each (only sleeps 12) so half of my group didn't have a place to sleep. For a while, they allowed me to believe it was my fault (causing a lot of stress) before finally admitting their error. Apparently, there was some issue with system transferring over. Whatever. The moral of the story was that I paid for arrangements for 24 people and got arrangements for 12. The staff on sight were very accommodating in trying to find more rooms for us and we managed to get 8 more beds for people but it took several hours of stress and we still had to sleep 4 on the floor. That is NOT what I paid $1330 for. We have stayed with them for 2 years before this year with no problem but this review is for this visit and this visit was crappy. I'm still negotiating with them for a partial discount.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank kjanderson2
svanger, Supervisor at Santa Monica Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2017

Dear kjanderson2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback,
I apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay with us as we strive to provide Exceptional and Personable service to all of our Guests and we missed the mark during your stay, however I am happy that we were able to find a solution and accommodate you during your stay and for your future stay with us.
We will share this with our Team and use this as a training tool in the future.
We look forward to seeing you next year during your visit to Santa Monica.

Reviewed January 24, 2017

Not recommend for families, especially with children. Very expensive for this simple rooms. Only for one night, if You don't have other possibility. Staff was friendly and quickly. First and last time.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends

Dear irinamR610WF,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback,

I apologize that you did not feel the value for the price paid at the Santa Monica Motel, as we strive to offer every Guest with affordable and comfortable accommodations.
Our Front Desk Staff strive to provide exceptional service to all our guests and I am pleased that you were able to experience that during your stay.
If you are ever back in the Santa Monica area I am hopeful you will give us another try and allow me the opportunity to take care of you personally.

Reviewed January 23, 2017

The location was great and great value for the price. Wifi wasn't working at the motel, it appeared to be that I was given the wrong password. Check in took awhile. Took about 20 minutes and I was the second person in line.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family

Dear ihguy16,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us,

We are pleased to hear that you felt the value paid at the Santa Monica Motel and that the location worked well for all of your needs.

I apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your check in and we will share your experience with our Front Desk Staff so we can use this as a Training Tool as we strive for excellence.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Santa Monica area.