“Great Little Place Once Again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Shore Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Monica
Sea Shore Motel
You added Sea Shore Motel to your Saves list
2637 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405 (Santa Monica)   |
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Maryland
“Great Little Place Once Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sea Shore Motel 15 years ago when I first brought him to my home of So. Cal for a friend's wedding.

Since he was returning this trip after 15 years we decided to stay here once again for nostalgia and get our bearings after a east coast flight and stay in Seattle.

The staff is great (thank you Tom) and the room had everything we needed.

Great location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Audthang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am from Philly and this "motel" was referred by a friend who lives in Santa Monica. Not knowing the area at all, I'm so glad I chose this place to stay. I am also a girl who enjoys the finer things in life, but I'm not a snob. I've stayed in a penthouse in Vegas and a Holiday Inn.

1. Location: it is exactly in the middle of Santa Monica Pier/3rd Street Promenade and Venice Beach. I was also given the option to stay at Sea View which is much closer to Pier, but that part is more downtown/congested/loud. Even though it is only 10 min walk away. The Sea Shore is family owned, like many businesses on Main street here. The shops and restaurants are great!! Amelia's was closed for vacation but I'm sure it's great, sorry we missed it. La Vecchia Italian restaraunt was amazing and I'm used to south Philly Italian BYOB's!! The Victorian directly across the street played music for outside dining/ great happy hour and the lot hosted a food truck festival Tuesday night and Sunday was the farmers market with pony rides for the kids. This neighborhood is fantastic and friendly!!! It's also a easy access to highways to Hollywood/LAX/405 to Laguna/San Diego.

2. Room: This is a motel, so I think some people had way to high of expectations. With that said it was clean, the beds were comfy and the maid service was fantastic. I stayed upstairs in room #19 which was just outside the upper deck. No noise issues at all.

3. Service: The staff and Tom were very helpful. Upon check in he gave me a map and circled the hot spots. He will set up any touristy things for you and he also provided beach towels and asked if my daughter and I wanted any sand toys too!! This is like the mom and pop places I grew up with. You can't find these hidden secrets too often!!

4. Parking: Free parking in rear. It was safe and there was always a spot for my rental car and I stayed a full week!!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank KristyPhilly
Sheboygan, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our stay at the Sea Shore Motel was great! Our room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was really friendly and accommodating. It was an easy walk to the beach.

My only "complaint" is it's a decent walk to Third Street Promenade and most of the "action" in Santa Monica. It's definitely walkable, but not super convenient.

Overall I'd recommend staying here for a reaonable price and clean, safe, quiet rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sldaane
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great location, clean rooms, lovely and helpful staff. The street is a little noisy but didn't bother us. Only 2 blocks from to beach, and close to great restaurants and shops. Reasonably priced. Accessible with public transport and 35 dollars to the airport (LAX) in a cab.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaveandCathy
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was fine, but we'll probably try somewhere elsewhere next time. The staff is very friendly, but the hotel itself is really nothing to write home about. We stayed in a corner room on the first floor, right by the parking lot. It was a bit noisy and we had little privacy. The rooms are outdated. Next time we will probably cough up a little more cash to stay somewhere right on the beach or closer to Santa Monica Blvd/Wilshire Blvd.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EmilyOnVacation
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Okay, we had a rental car, and the parking is for free. Nice. The room we had was on the lower area, a bit noisy, but nothing we couldn't live with, especially as I sleep with my ipod earplugs.
The location is fantastic, Main Street has great shops and restaurants. It's a short walk to the actual beach...10-15 minutes. There is no pool, but a coffee shop on location. Rooms are a bit dated, and I found a cobweb on the ceiling which kinda pissed me off, but my husband swept it off with his shirt. Can't beat the price for the location! Very friendly staff. I left my prescription glasses there and luckily they were safe in the office and we picked them up a few days later on our way out of town (we were in Long Beach, also a cool area). I reccommend this motel!

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room, I think they would be less noisy than the room we had.