“Great Area and great staff”
Review of Sea Shore Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Monica
Sea Shore Motel
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
London, United Kingdom
“Great Area and great staff”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here for 9 nights. It is centrally located and is basic but clean and in a great spot for the restaurants on Main Street. The staff are all lovely and extremely helpful. Would greatly recommend if you want to stay in Santa Monica near to the beach and good restaurants.

1 Thank Veli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Saskatchewan
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The Sea Shore Motel was perfect for our girls' getaway in Santa Monica. The location is perfect. The rooms are updated and quiet. We had a suite with a kitchenette and managed to sleep 7 very comfortably. The front desk was very accomodating. We loved our balcony & the fact that we were within walking distance of everything!

I would DEFINITELY 150% recommend this place and would DEFINITELY stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
lunenburg, massachusetts
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in November. I will start by saying you get what you pay for (or quite a bit less as it's Santa Monica) and I did not want to pay $300 a night for a hotel. So overall, I am glad we stayed here for under $180 a night.

The day of checkin, I received an email stating they were overbooked and asked if I wanted to upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite for an extra $3 a night, to which I replied yes as long as there were two beds (my daughter and I in one, husband and son in other) and they said yes. Well, got in the room and there was 1 bed, daubed and pullout couch. In the past, pullout couches have not been as good as a real bed, but one of the kids had to sleep there. In their defense, I did not specify no pullout and I did not ask to switch once I realized this - as they were overbooked there did not seem much point in trying. I was also confused on why I would switch rooms because of THEIR mistake in overbooking but I had to pay extra for it.

Our bed was not very comfortable but there were 2 flat TVs and a small kitchen that we did not use. Eight inch hole in the ceiling above the cooktop where a vent/fan should have been. It was clean and comfortable overall.

The fella at the front desk for checkin and checkout was very nice, helpful and knowledgable about the area. I am not sure on the hours, but there was no one available until 8am...not a big deal but we didn't realize it ahead of time and went looking for extra towels at 7am :)

It was very centrally located in a nice part of main street but a good 15-20 minute walk to the pier or promenade (outside mall). But lots of good stores and restaurants within 5 min walk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I always try to think in terms of cost x benefit. Santa Monica is an expensive spot, so after my hard search (using this site), I decided to choose this motel, and I have to say that it was a great option! Next to it you find: the Amelia’s (excellent breakfast), beach and many stores and cafés/restaurants. You save some money that you can spend doing something else.

The room was clean, spacious, air conditioner, tv, fan, refrigerator, and some more items.

Nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor may be quiter.
1 Thank Igor_Brazil
Miami, FL
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This old-fashioned motel is a surprise, right in the middle of Santa Monica. It is in the midst of funky and charming little restaurants and shops and just a couple of blocks from the beach. Walking around the neighborhood, you feel like you are a part of it, rather than a tourist. Not fancy but serviceable rooms, and a convenient laundromat right next door. Very helpful management, and it is an exceptionally good deal for this pricey area.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel is from antoher era and the rooms are OK. This is not new high count threaded sheets nor are the beds newer either. It is doable for the price which was under $200 for the area. "A Good deal" I was only there one night and it was fine for that purpose. I would be hard pressed to stay a week at this hotel. If I was coming from out of the country, you would be most likely OK with this budget hotel. Clean and on the waterfront super convenient to the LA airport and Santa Monica. Go for it, the price is right.

Room Tip: This hotel is not about being in the room, it is about the location. The room is fine for doing ever...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Valla, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in this quaint,extremely well situated motel in the heart of Main St Santa Monica.Very clean, staff willing to go that little bit extra to help you, the only downfall might be the
noise on certain nights(make sure trojans or bruins arent playing). Sunday mornings a great farmers market right across the road, an abundance of great bars,restaurants and shopping at your doorstep I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my heavysleeping friends, and to the lightsleepers bring earplugs All sorted.