Sea Shore Motel
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$199
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$259
  • Beachfront
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$209
$385
$237
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
$584
$490
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$376
$359
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmain streetfree parkingvenice beachgreat locationtile floorsurth cafetwo blocksfull kitchenoff street parkingwithin walking distancesun deckwould stay here againshort walkbeds were comfortablerestaurants and barsliving roomstayed nights
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I have stayed at the Seashore Motel before, and when I planned my birthday trip, I ultimately decided to stay there again. And I immediately remembered why. First, the quoting process is a breeze because the staff answers the phone, answers your questions, and provides you with helpful and honest information about the property and location. They offer rates that I would consider VERY GOOD for the area and the quality of the experience. And when the standard room we wanted was unavailable for the weekend of our trip, they offered an upgrade at a very small price increase.

Everything is clean and quaint inside the rooms. The suite we were in had a new flat-panel TV. All the furnishings were old, but that's never bothered me before. My second-favorite thing about The Sea Shore Motel (aside from the motel and staff) is the location. It is located right on Main Street in Santa Monica, which is in the middle of things but not in the middle of everything. The Motel is only about 3 blocks from the beach and 1 mile from Santa Monica Place and 3rd Street Promenade. In the other direction, you can walk to Venice Beach and boardwalk, though it is a little more of a hike (about 2 miles?). There are a ton of trendy restaurants and independent chic boutiques right nearby, and on Sundays there is a farmer's market directly across the street. The hotel is in a quiet location, so your overnight should not be interrupted by frequent loud noises.

My only disappointment with my stay is that the room came with a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. But it did not come with coffee filters OR cups, bowls, plates, and flatware. The filters and cups were my main frustration. I would have happily packed them along with the gourmet coffee I packed if I'd known in advance.

BONUS: there is a little coffee shop connected to the front of the building (I don't know how their coffee is). When we arrived and were checking in, Michael Keaton was drinking coffee at a bistro table right there!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alison O
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights recently. The location is superb and the staff are very friendly and helpful, especially Ken who was always willing to help out. However it is a bit noisy at night so bring your ear plugs. The property itself is a bit dated and could use a freshen up, but its clean and serves its purpose.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank bellmeister
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Good rate and clean place in this area. Nothing fancy, but good for a one night stop in Santa Monica. Staff where very helpful and accomodating.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2011

This hotel was clean,the room was a little noisy from the traffic on the street and they were doing sme type of construction around the back which was also a little bit noisy.
The location is great and not enough people mention that Main street has a lot of nice shops with art work or products made by locals.You can walk to Venice Beach in about 20 minutes.
Free parking is great. Dont forget the late night meters if you are driving around in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Swingdancers123
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed here for seven nights and had an appartment behind their main building.
The location is really great and felt completely safe.
10 minutes quick walk to the pier, 20 minutes walk from Venice and only 5 minutes tops to the beach. Restautants and shops are just outside your door.
The free parking is perfect since you can not manage without a car if you plan to explore other parts of LA.
The appartment was good. Nothing to complain about there. It had everything you needed (Towels, iron, fridge, stowe, kitchen equipment, TV in main room as well as in the bedroom.
Clean, comfy and spacious.

Ken working at the front desk was great and realy helpful!!

I was deciding between staying in Santa Monica and Venice and after visting Venice a couple of times during the visit I can say I do not regret my decsision to stay at Sea Shore Motel a bit..
It was two different worlds. Venice is great for people wathing and strolling around, but to stay there....I would have been disapointed. It is quite dodgy and I like to just be able to step out from the hotel in the evening for a strol and some shopping/eating and I doubt I would have felt comfortable doing that in Venice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple