Ocean Park Inn
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$189
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$305
  • Beachfront
$193
$143
ComfortInn
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$164
$364
$240
The Ambrose
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslincoln blvdfree parking at the hotelroom was cleanmin walk to the beachmain stno air conthe santa monica arealate at nightcloser to the beachvenice beachstayed here for one nightlaxconsproscalifornia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the Ocean Park Inn this weekend and there were definitely bed bugs thriving in our room. We left as soon as we discovered this, informed the manager at the front desk, he claimed he had never heard this complaint. Clearly not true after reading more of the reviews this morning. I physically saw multiple living bed bugs as well as spots on the sheets indicating that they have been there for some time. Beware. It's bad enough to have them at the establishment, but to know that this is an existing problem and to not handle it, to lie about it, and choose not to offer any compensation is a shame. You are exposing your employees and your guests to the risk of infesting their own homes. I will be informing my friend who lives in the area to not recommend this inn to anyone else.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank ARDenver
oceanparkinn, General Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

I, as a general manger of Ocean Park inn apologized to this guest. We have different clerks at different time. We have 28 units and we are full almost every night. If we have infestation then we should get at least 20 complaints a day and more important we could not be in business by now. The bed bug is a big problem in U.S for last eight years and being carried by the tourists who are coming from overseas. We take it very serious if we find even one. We have a contract with a pest control company for prevention and control and elimination and it works. After this wonderful guest informed us we did inspect the room and fortunately there were not any nests found but never the less we immediately replaced the bed and carpet and fumigate the room and put the room out of commission for three nights.This problem mostly occurs in summer when we have hot weather and many many tourists and as you can see we had no complaints during the summer. Our priorities are to keep our guests safe, happy, and comfortable and we do any thing to achieve that.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was very nervous after reading some of the reviews along with the low price we were paying but pleasantly surprised when we arrived! My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. The room we chose had a full size bed and was in the front of the hotel by the road(a little cheaper than the back rooms). The room was clean!! The staff was great!! The noise that some reviews complained about isn't that bad. Yes, we could here some sounds of traffic but it certainly didn't keep us up at night. We walked to the beach (and everywhere else) everyday! About a 10-15 min walk to the beach, which was faster than trying to drive. Staying at a hotel any closer to the beach for 1 night is going to cost you as much as it cost us for 3 nights!! If you are looking for an affordable place to rest your head in a location near the beach, this is it!! *Couple of other tips: I also looked at the Santa Monica Motel before choosing the Ocean Park Inn-Do yourself a favor and choose the Ocean Park Inn-walked by the Motel and glad I didn't choose it!! Also, if your looking to have a couple drinks that dont cost an arm and a leg the Cock & Bull(I know the name throws you off a bit) is a nice local bar right down the road!!

Room Tip: Choosing A room in the back of the building will cut down traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stephanie W
oceanparkinn, General Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

We appreciate your nice comments. We are in the process of changing all the windows even though our windows are all new. The new windows will control the noise 60% to 70% better .Please post your comments and ideas that will help us to make Ocean park Inn better for your stay. Thank you.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

The hotel is ok but not worth coming back to. It was not that close to Santa Monica beach as I thought i would be and the surroundings where the hotel is located is not very nice. Alot of traffic which made it hard to sleep since you had to have the windows opened because of the lack of A/C.

If you want a cheap place, relatively close to the beach it is ok. Especially if you don't mind noise from the traffic.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
resthavenmotel, General Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

We are seven blocks from the beach and there is no hotel or a motel between us and the Ocean Avenue and the hotels on that Avenue are three times higher in price. They are luxury hotels and we do recommend if someone likes to pay that much then it is advisable to book a room there.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Located on a busy road, this is a very noisy hotel. We had trouble sleeping due to traffic noise. Room is clean but very basic. Reasonably priced. Unless on a tight budget, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

We appreciate any honest review. Our front units are close to traffic and during the day we have some noise. The back units are recommended for people who are very sensitive with noise.
Thank you.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel is in a good location however, the bedroom is small, the bed is awful, the cleaning is really bad, there is no breakfast and the staff doesn't speak English properly. Althought I hated the hotel, I had already payed for it, so I stayed... To be worse, I had a reservation for five days but got there 2 days earlier.. I Asked if I could stay two more days and the front desk clerk said it would be ok! ( i would stay 7 days in total) but five days later, I had the room blocked because the reservation had expired in reason of a front desk clerk' mistake. The hotel had no vacancy Anymore so I had to pay for a expensive room for a new costumer that was supposed to stay in my room two days.. Even explaining the manager and even showing him the paper of my Internet reservation (booking.com) nobody gave my money back for the room.. In conclusiOn, I payed for my room and for another person... I'll never get back there!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lygiabernardes
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

This dear guest had a reservation for 5 days from Booking.com and paid just for five nights. On the sixth day she left the hotel leaving all her belongings in the room and she did not even come to the office to pay for another two nights that she claimed she wanted. We were completely booked for that day and this dear guest did not even bother to call or contact the office and she came back almost 10:00 in the evening. We still did accommodate her and now she is unhappy. If the room was not clean and bed was not good why did she still wanted two more nights then. Thank you!