Hotel Shangri-La Santa Monica
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$259
$516
$413
  • Beachfront
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$199
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$209
$385
$237
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
$584
$359
Agoda.com
$439
1,254 results
All reviewsrooftop barart decopool areatwo bedroom suitefull kitchenocean viewperfect locationour honeymoonvalet parkingfarmers marketocean avenuethird street promenadelos angelesvenice beachpierconciergebathtub
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel is in a great location. The Beach is right across the street and the promenade is 2 short blocks away. The room was beautiful, the service was friendly and very good. I also enjoyed the fitness center. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ricardo P
Matthew M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shangri-La Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Hello Ricardo P

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel and our service.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

After having spent many wonderful vacations at the Shangri-La Hotel before the $30million renovations, we were looking forward to returning to the "new and improved" hotel. Boy, were we sorely disappointed. Our suite was incredibly sparse. A full kitchen and nowhere to sit and eat. No desk. The two chairs provided were unstable. The closet only allowed for shirts and jackets. My long dresses had to be folded. The bathroom offered nowhere to put your toiletries and none were provided by the hotel other than the bear minimum. The bath/shower was not made for anyone that had any physical issues and was wholly unsafe for all. You had to step up and over 3 feet high and no hand rails. I can't imagine that it is up to code. If you were ever to stay, ask for one of the few rooms that have a stall shower. Never thought to ask that question because never in a million years did it occur to me that it would be a problem, particularly in a newly renovated bathroom. Many more complaints, but this is enough. Very sad to say that we will never stay here again. Look at my other reviews for another choice if you are interested.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DRP2607

Hello DRP2607

We appreciate your loyalty to the Hotel Shangrila throughout the years. I am saddened to read that our renovation did not live up to your expectations and also regret any less-than-wonderful experiences that were encountered during your time with us.

If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Safe travels to you,

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My friends and I stayed in this hotel for a few nights during our trip to LA and having stayed in many beautiful places before, I can confidently say that our whole experience was amazing from start to finish.

The decor of the hotel is classy and elegant, with small details paying homage to the Art Deco era. The restaurant/bar is dark and sophisticated with lots of dark wood panelling and with great service and food (the sea bass and burgers are fab!). The trendy pool area features cosy and intimate cabanas, a poolside bar, a small swimming pool and good-sized jacuzzi, seating areas and sun loungers, all surrounded by fragrant lime trees. Never too busy, the poolside bartenders are great too and it's a popular location for both fashion shoots and celebrities alike (we saw a few whilst we were there).

Our room for 4 people (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms) was spacious and airy, with lots of natural light coming through our windows. The views of the beach and sea close by were a delight to behold every morning, yet we were thankful for the heavy drapes that excluded the light when we wanted to take any afternoon naps! Of the two bathrooms, one had a great jacuzzi with two shower heads - perfect for the ultimate power shower and bathroom experience! Beds were very comfortable with plush pillows and lovely duvets, and the dressing gowns and slippers were nice touches.

The rooftop bar on the 6th floor (opposite the penthouse) was great, allowing for amazing views across Santa Monica and towards the sea. Drinks and spirit/liqueur options are good too, which is a bonus as LA seems to be severely lacking in good cocktail bars.

Shops, malls and restaurants are all in abundance and within 5mins walking distance from the hotel, as is the beach and the famous Santa Monica Pier, and every Wednesday (I think), there's a Farmer's Market right on the hotel's doorstep.

To conclude, I'd happily recommend this hotel to anyone as the ambience, decor and exceptional staff are perfect for anyone wanting to experience luxury and relaxation in beautiful surroundings. Notable people from our trip include Sonny who worked on reception, our lovely bell boy Steven(?) and their very friendly security guard.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trailbee

Hello Trailbee

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences during your stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit.

It is always nice for us to hear from guests who enjoy our unique Art Deco architecture! And thank you, too, for recognizing our staff and their high levels of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I booked this hotel for my family of 4. We were given the option of a room with 2 king size beds or a gourmet kitchen 1 bed suite with sofa bed. I booked and paid £1700 for the suite. We checked in around 5.30 and I made sure with the lady at the desk that we were given the right room and she said yes. Cut a long story short there was no sofa bed. Spent first night with 2 in the bed one on the sofa and one on a camp bed. They changed our room the next day but the sofa bed was so bad that we had 2 in the bed 1 on the floor and 1 on the sofa. Hated the hotel. Pool was dirty, you can see into the bathroom from the lounge and bedroom. Book The Shore Hotel down the road which looks great. Forget this one. Waste of money.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Firs4

Hello Firs4

We appreciate you and your family staying with us. I regret that your stay with us was not perfect - we strive to make every guest's stay a wonderful one and during your stay we missed the mark.

We would like a second opportunity to re-earn your business. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

Safe travels,

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a review 2 years in the making. I booked this boutique hotel for my friend's bachelorette weekend. We booked a 1 bedroom suite that included a living room, kitchen (with fridge) and a bathroom that was very spacious. We had the first floor which made it very easy to access the pool. The service was great no complain at all. We returned the first week of August to celebrate my friends pregnancy. I hosted a group of 12 females and rented a cabana. The staff at the pool Clancy and bartender David catered to us by providing top notch service and made us feel welcomed. Working in the service industry I know when I receive great service and the staff at the hotel and pool area provided this. The hotel is located on Ocean Blvd which is walking distance from the pier, bars, and shopping centers. We walked to everything in the area and never had to use our cars. The hotel has a rooftop bar that has stunning views and offers a relax kick back energy. The security Murphy was very welcoming. Though the rooftop bar is 21 & over I did see security allow families for quick photo ops which I thought was great. I recommend this hotel for families or friends on a weekend get away. Though I am a local resident, there is a hop on hop off bus for tourists who want to venture into Hollywood and see other parts of Los Angeles, Chinatown, Hollywood, and much more. The hop on hop off bus is great for those who don't want to be tied to a all day tour rather see the city on their own time with no limits. This service has a stop on Ocean Blvd that is 1-2 blocks away from the hotel. WAY TO GO!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank EL_GQ

Hello EL_GQ

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for making our hotel your 'staycation destination!"

And the hop-on, hop-off bus is a great tip on how to enjoy Santa Monica, Hollywood, and Los Angeles without getting in a car! Great idea.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon,