Shutters on the Beach
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$239
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$259
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $310/night.

$501
$396
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $446/night.

Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$209
$500
$395
Fairmont.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $471/night.

$329
$269
LeMeridien.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $317/night.

Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
$584
$490
$279
$251
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $278/night.

Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$367
$349
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $413/night.

The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
$366
$260
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $289/night.

1,726 results
All reviewscoast restaurantpico restaurantbeach houseroom servicesister hotelbeautiful hotelsanta monica beachcasa del marpool areafour seasonsfull ocean viewliving roomlos angelesocean frontluxury hotellobby barbeverly hills
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Stayed for three nights. After reading reviews and seeing pictures I found the hotel to be as I expected, pretty great. Staff is very welcoming. Heat was not working in room (it was cold outside) and they came to fix right away. Room was small, let's call it cozy, but wonderful in every way. Beds are very high, needed a stepping stool which they provide. Great bedding. Pillows are down, very soft, but if you don't like them they will bring others. Cool books in room with different interests. Bathroom has great shower and separate jacuzzi. Towels were a little hard. Robe was hard to get out of....felt so good. Coast, restaurant, was amazing for breakfast. Pancakes was out of this world. Service was perfect. Wish I could have said the same about Pico One, their fine restaurant. The service was rushed and rude at some times. We are not used to being treated that way in any place and were taken back. Had the best facial in my life and I've had them all over the country. The spa per say is not great. Don't expect to spend the day in the spa because there is nothing there. The waiting room after you get into a robe and take a steam is small, fits only 4 people and is co-ed. Again, service was great, but was disappointed it was not a "Spa". Lobby in hotel is so great to hang out in and have a drink. They also accept dogs, any size and they were fun to watch. Enjoy if you go, you will love it!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2011

What to do after a Christmas trip to Cabo with the family?
Shutters on the Beach was our perfect answer. Close
to shopping, the beach, the pier and the LA food scene,
Shutters turned out to be more than a bed and pool.
We found dinner at "Coastal", the bistro on the beach to be
spot on for our first vist. On request, they booked a New Years
dinner table when we paid the check. The rooms are top of the
line at Shutters. Warm (it turned out to be cold outside), great beds,
awesome tubs and unique design. Room service was on time
and delicious too. When the big night arrived a glitch surfaced,
I learned that our reservation had been misplaced. A short
conversation with the hotel manager not only righted the ship, we
were honored with a private dining room which was perfect for our
table of 8. After dinner, the main salon was under full New Years sail
with a jazz band and celebration just as we had imagined, our
kids have now seen a well executed adult New Years party, as it should be.

Now that's what I expect from a top of the line hotel.
We will return. Although the kids loved it (12-15-18) next time it'll
be just the 2 of us.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I was in LA on business and stayed here at a discounted rate through my company (under $300 partial ocean view, no tub). The room feels more like your staying in someone's beach house and it's wonderful. Beautiful bed, furniture, nice little touches. The location on the beach can't be beat. I enjoyed a drink in the lobby watching a beautiful sunset (and gawking at a few celebrities!). On my next trip to LA I will be sure to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Shutters located right on the Pacific with an extraordinary view. I always book a full ocean view. The rooms are excellent, but the service make Shutters what it is. I have been staying there 10 years and would not think of staying at any other Hotel. I am always amazed that I have the same staff waiting on my every need year after years. Thanks to the management and staff for costumer first attitude.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2010

I love this place, luxury, confortable and relaxing. the room with special linens and pillows, jacuzzi inside the bathroom. Drinking a screw-driver watching the ocean sunset deeped in warm water, wow....

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family