Shutters on the Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$189
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$305
  • Beachfront
$343
$299
Hotels.com
$193
$143
ComfortInn
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$154
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$309
  • Beachfront
1,717 results
All reviewscoast restaurantpico restaurantbeach houseroom servicesister hotelbeautiful hotelsanta monica beachcasa del marpool areafour seasonsfull ocean viewliving roomlos angelesocean frontluxury hotellobby barbeverly hills
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have booked a non view suite but I should have booked a non noise suite! There was a constant engine like noise in my room. I could not sleep and I could even not read as the lightbulb of my bedside lamp was broken. Unacceptable.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Travel1201
GregoryDay, General Manager at Shutters on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Hi Travel1201,

I want to sincerely apologize for the difficulties you experienced here at Shutters on the Beach. I've taken note of the problems you experienced with the noise in your room and the broken lamp. We appreciate you taking the time to write the review and we will use it to make a better experience for all of our guest.

Best,

Gregory Day, General Manager

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We spent the first night of our honeymoon there. Beautiful place with luxurious-casual down to a tee. Feels like your own Connecticut villa-cottage. Very friendly staff. The place is immaculate. You feel like you're staying at the Kennedy's private club. Enjoy and take advantage of the bike paths and beach which lead to funky Santa Monica and Venice Beach.

Room Tip: some rooms are across the street from the beach accessed by an overhead walkway. You don't really notice but they are really ocean-view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Avoid this hotel is my recommendation it is expensive and not worth the rating of a leading hotel.Why..
On check in they don't tell you about the property nor they take $150 a day blocked from your account staying for 11 nights that was$11,000
They checked others into our room day 2.
Room with a view no...room 235 had a view of a large white wall as did all rooms on this level.
You have to call twice if you need anything follow up is an issue.
The cupboard is in the bathroom next to the shower strange arrangement be warned very limited space most of ours stayed in the case.
Our room had a leak reported at 8.am returning from Disney at 11pm the same day nothing fixed.
Staff generally are rude and the bar staff have some attitude only one staff member Holly reflected true great service.
I spoke twice in the stay with the Operations Director whom did offer as he put it some band aid to re store our faith in the hotel.
Overall I certainly will not be back and will tell me friends to stay away!!

Room Tip: avoid room on 2nd level 235 has a white wall next to it
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Travel P

Hello Travel P,

First and formally, I want to apologize for inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. I've looked into your issues and made note of the service you received. We work very hard as a Leading Hotel and are truly sorry that your stay fell short of our usual high standards. It is reviews like yours that will assist us greatly in correcting our services.

Gregory Day, General Manager

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I love the simple elegance of Shutter's rooms. To walk into and see the ocean is just captivating. The beds are incredibly comfortable and cozy with layers of fine linens. The spacious jacuzzi bathroom - ocean visible from tub, with separate toilet and terrific shower is wonderful. The pool is beautiful - and the cold pitchers of water with citrus or cucumbers are a nice touch. Personnel are extremely friendly and accommodating and in fact during one visit housekeeping accidentally threw away some of my products and management quickly replaced. I love this spot!

Room Tip: Go for at least partial ocean view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Beautiful property from the moment you drive up front - I was struck by the beauty of the hotel, the palm fronds swaying, the shutters, beautiful shutters everywhere - all in white....
We had dinner reservations, gorgeous room, started off with cocktails that were superb and dove into the menu. After a day at the beach we wanted to treat our hostess to a lovely dinner and she chose the restaurant at Shutters - our meal was great but the vibe of the restaurant, wonderful conversation and a fun waiter made the night for us!

Me and my family hope to stay there next time we're in the LA area, too nice to pass up!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family