“NYC Pizza...”

Ranked #94 of 691 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: Here at Joe's Pizza baking pizza is our passion Quality is everything Never frozen - Only fresh natural ingredients are used daily to create pizza that will fill your belly and warm your heart Visit us or have us deliver
USA
“NYC Pizza...”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Coming from the NYC area and expecting to find good pizza on the west coast is quite a challenge. I tried many of slices and the only one that is worthy of another visit or praise is Joes' in Santa Monica. I knew when I walked in the door that this place reminded me of my favorite slice joint in NYC with the same name. It was a former employee who brought the NYC Joe's to Santa Monica.

• Visited September 2013

• Indonesian first
“Shocking service and appalling attitude.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I've traveled the world and have Never met such snobby and obnoxious service. I'm
British, so should understand the word snobby!
From the minute we arrived the 'front of house' attitude (guy with glasses- watch him ;-) ), seemed to takes a dislike to our British accent. Inferiority complex??

Anyway, I heard him advise his compatriot "table 50".
(Are you reading this spectacle man?!)
That was the table at the back of the annexe of the restaurant bathed in darkness.

After we complained, we were moved to the main part of the restaurant.

The server assigned to us was just pathetic. I wished I'd got his name so that I could name and shame him.
His colleagues serving us drinks and bread were excellent.

He though had no idea and obviously little training in the art of charm and decorum, let alone acting like a host.

The food was good. Not very good. Read my other reviews about restaurants in Santa Monica.

Sorry Joe's.

You have let yourselves down badly.

Front of house - much needed practice in welcoming and looking after guests rather than acting like a store assistant serving Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. (If you don't know what I mean then ask your wife!)
;-)

Wouldn't advise anyone to visit if they like great food with a great atmosphere and service v

• Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“A slice of NY in LA”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I go to Joe's at least once a week, and have yet to be disappointed. It's fast and cheap, and the pizza tastes great.

It's not the biggest place, but the location next to the beach is ideal.

It's my fave place to eat when I'm on the go.

Visited October 2013
wellington New Zealand
“awesome pizza in santa monica”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

loved the food and the fact that it was so close to our hotel (the Shore) which was also great. My 14 yr old is a self confessed pizza conosseur and he proclaimed his the best

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good price”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Pizzas are perfect, thin crust, heated in the oven just after order. Garlic bread was great, you should definitely try!

• Visited September 2013