“You better BYOB” 4 of 5 bubbles

R+D Kitchen
Ranked #34 of 672 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: A favorite spot with Santa Monica locals, expect a lively, bustling atmosphere each evening. Exceptional artwork, open kitchen and a welcoming staff greet you at the door. Don't miss the Crispy Chicken Sandwich.
Santa Monica
“You better BYOB”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

That is bring your own bread. Place is busy even on Mondays. Food is good nice tasty but when I asked for bread was like I was asking indonesian lobster or something. They were surprised ! A nice juicy chicken plate and no bread ! Finally after I gazed my food trying not to eat it until the bread comes but still half on the plate I ate because it seemed that they went to get the flour to prepare it ! Bread charge 1.50. So if you like to enjoy your juicy food with bread ask and receive the bread first and then deal with the food. If you dont want to deal with the bread shenanagans then get a sandwich.

Scotland
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a great place - good ambience and in an interesting area of Santa Monica, not far from the beach and ocean but it might as well be a thousand miles away, the atmosphere is so different. The layout of the restaurant is mostly booths, with plenty of space for intimate conversations, whether business or personal. A good choice on the menu (I was there for lunch), great taste and presentation when the food came, and excellent service. And since we'd waited longer than they aim for between ordering and food at the table, we didn't pay for it! Not that I had noticed the slow service - maybe because I and my companion were engaged in good conversation, but more likely because I've been living in the UK for a while where poor service is the norm. So what's not to like about a place that serves good food, with a smile, then gives you it for free? You've gotta know it makes good business sense though, as I'll certainly be back and now you all know this you'll probably head there as well.

1 Thank Theologyprof
Los Angeles
“Amazing Burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had a few hours to kill between appointments and was going to try "Father's Office" for lunch but lucky for me they are not open for lunch. I noticed this restaurant in trip advisor and thought I'd give it a shot. Great atmosphere. Nice touch with the rowing shell suspended from the ceiling. I ate at the bar and ordered the cheese burger Medium. It was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. There was a smokey sort of bbq sauce on it that sent the whole thing off the charts. Not the cheapest burger in town but definitely worth the money in my book. I will be back.

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favourite Santa Monica Haunt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I come here after going to yoga across the street at Yogaworks. After having a great workout with Birgitte Kristen, I come here! This place does great burgers, sandwiches and salads. It's casual and fun, a great place to go for lunch or dinner. It's always busy, but it's worth waiting 15 -20 minutes for a table. When you're done, walk over to Yogurtland for dessert. It's one of the best frozen yogurt spots in LA.

This place is good for solos, couples and groups.

• Visited June 2013
Burbank, California
“Best burger EVER, totally perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Their R&D burger is the perfect mix of sesame seed bun and good quality patty, with just enough of each condiment to blow your mind - there is some secret flavor I have not been able to identify. I love it so much I have yet to try anything else on the menu - except the fries, those are amazing too, so be sure to order some.

Service should be amazing here, they all look beautiful amd professional, but sometimes it's inattentive. Who cares, I drive two hours to have this burger!

• Visited June 2013