“Great fun !”

$162.00*
The Ultimate Los Angeles Bike Tour
Ranked #1 of 104 things to do in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Owner description: Starting at the Santa Monica pier, this is a popular path for biking, jogging and in-line skating along the Pacific Ocean.
Summit
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great fun !”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

One of the best experiences of our trip to CA. The kids 17 and 13 really liked it . One of their favourite things to do on the trip. We started in Santa Monica and wwent through Venice Beach and a little further. It started to rain so we stopped for lunch at a nice place on the beach when the rain stopped we continued and everyone was happy. I highly recommend this activity . Such a lovely way to spend a day !

Visited April 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New Lebanon, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent way to relax and see the sights”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Along the coast so mostly flat, wide paved bike path, rode from the border of Malibu to past Marina Del Ray. Beautiful scenery, safe, many eating places along the way. Public restrooms available. Nice relaxing ride although may serious bikers passed us.

Visited September 2012
Northam, Australia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We hired bikes and rode this bike trail, it was great fun and an excellent way to see a lot and cover more ground than by foot. There are some areas which aren't as nice as others, we didn't feel safe to stop there but for the most part it's great! Definitely recommend this!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank jordiness
Barrie, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A great way to experience the beach”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

While staying in LA we biked along this beach trail on 3 days. We biked between Manhattan Pier and Santa Monica Pier (approx. 12 miles). Some areas are more remote, like between Playa Del Rey and El Segundo, some are quiet busy, like Venice Beach.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank wph_shanty_bay
Santa Monica, California
296 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 314 helpful votes
“"My Bike Path" Love it!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is 'my' bike path...I live here in Santa Monica and use it as my freeway. This stretch of poured concrete sits on the sand along the Pacific every day of the week…just waiting for the rollerblading, biking, strollering, skateboarding, meandering masses. The crowds thin a bit in off-season, but the bike path is well travelled and inspiring just about any day of the year.

Forgot to pack your rollerblades? No worries. Bike and skate rental places dot the full length of this little road-by-the-sea, which begins at Temescal Canyon Road in the North and then meanders South through the very famous Venice Beach, finally ending up at Washington Blvd. in Marina Del Rey. For more information go to: http://www.labikepaths.com/SantaMon.html AND if you can rent a helmet DO...I am sitting here as I type with a sprained ankle and stitches from a bike accident (it has given me time to write reviews but if I hadn't been wearing a helmet it would have been a different story) Not evangelizing but I know as a tourist in Paris, for example, I don't wear a helmet and I might just rethink that next time I'm there! :)

Visited February 2013