“OK”
Review of Finn McCool's

Finn McCool's
Reserve with OpenTable
Finn McCool's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 691 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: Boasting a “huge” bar “shipped on a boat” from the old country, “always-friendly” service (often by “real Irish boys and girls”) and a large selection of spirits and draft beer, this “unpretentious” SaMo pub packs in a “lively” “mix of young and old” for “good-bargain” happy hours or just for a pint and a “game on the TV”; weekends are “lots of fun” with traditional music performances on Sundays.
Ottawa, Canada
“OK”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Pretty much your average American Irish pub.

There was a fairly broad selection on the menu including American bar fare as well as a number of Irish and British standards.

The service was good with food arriving promptly.

The food was good, but not memorable, although the prices seemed a little steep. This may have been a result of the proximity to the beach.

We ate lunch in the early afternoon and as a consequence there were few other patrons, so the atmosphere was rather austere. The not-too-comfortable wooden benches may have been less noticeable had there been more diversions as would be normal in busier times.

Overall, I wouldn't go out of my way to visit again, but wouldn't shun it either.

• Visited January 2014

Santa Monica, California
“Most authentic Irish bar in LA!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Best Irish Bar in LA!

It's on Main Street, the best street in Santa Monica. My office is across the street, so fortunately I have three guaranteed parking spots any time of year. But aside from that, why go anywhere else?

The restaurant is quite spacious with the HUGE bar in the middle - which is VERY important. I love the King's Head but I also don't like standing cheek to cheek with other men.

My wife and I usually sit at the bar. Guinness and Smithwick's on tap of course. But like the King's Head, they've also got Lagunitas IPA on tap. I pretty much watch most of my Lakers and Dodgers game here. There are plenty of screens to accommodate everyone's request.

They've got the usual boxty's, corned beef and cabbage and other traditional Irish fare but when I'm hungry I usually go for the corned beef and cabbage boxty.

Live music pretty much every night of the week and traditional Gaelic music Sunday nights. Like most happening places, they can get pretty crowded on weekends so get there early so you can get a good seat.

Visited December 2013
Santa Monica, California
“Solid spot for Michigan gameday fun”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We ended up at Finn McCool's instead of Brick + Mortar to watch Michigan-Michigan State earlier this year. My burger was very good, food as a whole was solid, and the prices are reasonable. What really stood out was great service, I've been here other times when it's been more crowded and still felt like the staff was making a real effort. If I could give them an extra 0.5, I would, the service will definitely get me back again.

Visited November 2013
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
“Good attempt at real Irish style food!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband is from Liverpool and his buddy is from Chester. (I am American so I don't count!!) my husband ordered the Irish breakfast and was looking forward to the black pudding and real English style bacon. Well, it was as close as you were going to get for black pudding here and the bacon was not close...it was the dreaded streaky bacon that he wouldn't thank you for! Haha. But overall, he liked it. Would get it again tho. Our friend, from Chester, wanted to try the "American" version of fish and chips and he wasn't disappointed. It wasn't cod and they put flaked parsley on his dinner! That didn't impress him! But overall, it was good. I liked my tomato soup and kaeser salad! Yummy! They have Harp lager and that was a big plus! Our waitress was from Ireland and was terrific! Plenty of parking in the rear of the building and it was cheap.

Visited November 2013
CORVALLIS, OREGON
“Fun Irish Pub”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stopped in for a beer but didn't order any food so I can't comment on that. They have a good selection of brews, the service is good, and the ambience is great. Felt like I was in Ireland for a pint!

• Visited August 2013