“A big dissapointment” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Los Angeles Sightseeing

Los Angeles Sightseeing
Ranked #11 of 36 Tours in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Owner description: LA Sightseeing Tours & Charters has been providing the best tours of Los Angeles, Hollywood, Beverly Hills for over 15 years. Let us make your trip a memorable experience of fun, thrills, and excitement.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Indianapolis, Indiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A big dissapointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I would not recommend LA Sightseeing Tours. I have been on several hop-on, hop-off tours before, and this was sub par compared to what I have experienced in the past. The bus is an older, one-story closed roof bus (with open sides) that has a driver and a dated audio-recorded tour that is played during the drive. One of my drivers forgot to stop at two stops in a row (one of which I wanted to get off at), and at least 2 of the 4 bus drivers I had were looking at a map/directions while driving, presumably to make sure they took the right route--so I assume both were new. Only one of the 4 drivers I had even spoke to the passengers, although tips were encouraged anyway. My main goal in going on this tour was to see the hollywood sign, which was barely visible while driving on a leg of the tour in between buildings. I got out at a stop that said you could see it, but had to ask people on the street for directions to even find an opening for it. Overall, it seems the tour was oversold--most of the "sights" were not much to look at, especially without a knowledgeable tour guide, and most of the stops had very little to do in the area if were you to get off the bus for an hour (minimum amount of time between buses). I would not recommend this tour to anyone. Not worth the price AT ALL.

San Francisco, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very frustrating!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I booked a city tour with the LA Sightseeing on June 30th, 2013. They inform in their website that they have complimentary pick up in some hotels, and the hotel I was staying was included in their list.
They confirmed the pick up in my hotel when I booked the tour, but on the day before, at 10pm, they called me saying that they could not pick me ups anymore and that I should go by myself to Santa Monica, where their office is located and from where the tour was going to leave from.
Although very upset, I found an alternative transportation, which cost me US$ 90 and went to their office the next morning.
The tour was supposed to start at 9:30am but it started at 10am, because we had to wait for the people they were picking up.
In the middle of the tour, they stopped at Universal Studios and told us that they were leaving us there and that another van was going to come pick us up and take us back to Santa Monica.
We were supposed to wait there for 30 minutes, but they only showed up after 1 hour and 40 minutes!!!
The tour, that was supposed to finish at 2:30pm finished at 4pm.
It was one of the worst city tours I have ever experienced!!!
Very very frustrating.

Fremont, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Avoid at all cost. They are rip-off artists.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We got on the hop-on/hop-off bus in Santa Monica, and the driver drove very slowly yet very dangerously -especially on Rodeo Drive- until we got to Hollywood Blvd. We got off, thinking we'd just visit the Walk of Fame over to the next stop on the bus route and hop back on. We get to the next stop 10 minutes ahead of schedule, and wait for 30 minutes (!). It finally arrives, and completely skips us at the stop (!). I call the office to let them know, and they say the only thing we can do is wait an hour for the next one (!!), confirming that we are indeed at the correct location. She tells me she has notified the driver of her mistake, and to make sure to pick us up on the next round.

So, another hour goes by, and finally it reappears, only to skip us again (!!), even though I practically jumped in front of the bus to try and stop it. The driver was definitely aware we were trying to get on, but didn't even slow down. One person from our group tried running after her, but failed to reach her. (We were 6 people now, 2 of which were already late getting to the airport). I called the office again, telling her that we have now been waiting for 90 minutes, and that she needs to either send the driver back to get us, or at least send us a cab. She tells me there's nothing she can do, and we must wait for the next one (!!!). What would you do in this situation? I ask to speak with her manager. She audible laughs (!) and tells me she's not going to bother the owner on his day off (!!). After warning her that two of her customers were in danger of missing their flight because of this, she finally relents and tells me she's going to have the driver come back around to pick us up "in about 5 minutes". Well, 30 minutes go by (and a few more of us keep calling the office), and it arrives, stopping at the wrong location. We run to catch it, and the driver informs us that she's not allowed to stop where we had been waiting, which is an obvious lie, since all other tour busses stopped there, and was clearly marked "loading zone".

But wait! There's more!

My wife and I try to make the best of the situation and try enjoying the sights, not daring to disembark again. There were only a few hours left on the tour anyhow. *But*, now the office is instructing our bus to deviate from the planned route, in order to circle back around to pick up more folks on Hollywood Blvd(!!!). I was convinced this was a misunderstanding, and that *we* were the folks she was supposed to go pick up, but the driver tells me "no, there are more people there, it'll only take a minute". Ok, fine, but now the passengers that are trying to make their flight are increasingly anxious, and plead with her to have the office send another bus, to no avail. So we circle back, for what must have taken 20 minutes because of the traffic, and lo-and-behold, there are no passengers at the stop. So she drives past, *AND CIRCLES AROUND AGAIN!!!* This time, the detour takes an additional 30 minutes! And of course, there are still no additional passengers waiting at the stop (and we kept our eyes peeled for the 2nd stop too, just in case). At long last, she resumes the route, only to bring us back to the office with a mere 30 minutes to spare, before they close. We paid full price for an incompetent driver to drop us off at one location, leave us stranded in the hot sun for hours, frustrating all of us, and bring us right back. We *hope* the folks that had a flight didn't miss it, but they left us in a hurry, of course.

After all of this, we all thought this must be a unique case, and were entitled to a refund, at least. So a few of us that had time to do so went into the office to complain, only to be rudely treated by the same twit that I had talked with on the phone earlier. "SIR, there's nothing I can do, SIR. We sent the driver back for you didn't we, SIR?" (Her intonation made it clear that "SIR" means "jerk", or worse). "SIR, the best I can do is offer you a 50% discount of your next tour with us." WHAT?! I mean, WHAT?!?

All this time, she keeps cutting us all off mid-sentence, ignoring everything we say (I have a lot of this on video, from my phone, by the way). She again refuses to call anyone, saying instead "I can give you his personal email". Ok, so at least that better than nothing. So she hands us the company's brochure (which we were holding) and points out the company's website. Uh, that's not the owner's personal email, that's a website. "I'm sorry, SIR, that's the best I can do. I'll have to call the police if you continue wasting my time". (!!!!!!) Again, I have this on video. Trying to salvage the rest of the day and not let this twit ruin our modd any further, we decide to just walk away. Even just remembering this miserable experience is gonna ruin my day today. I just hope this review will at least help someone else avoid similar misery.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank DanBourque
Sydney, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“los angeles sightseeing grand tour no 7”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

not worth the money spent - the guide was very knowledgeable - but it took another driver over 1 hour to get to Santa Monica to start the tour ----not sure if all tour companies do this - the bus felt unsafe and a bit old and only 1 restroom stop - really too expensive for what you got just on a whirlwind tour - I would look for another tour company next time, not shown too much in the city.
we have been on tours all over usa and this not the best

Visited May 2013
Sydney
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Day Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We did the All Los Angeles Deluxe Day tour that covered everything mentioned on the brochure. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and gave us ample time at each place. Value for money