“Avoid at all cost. They are rip-off artists.”

Los Angeles Sightseeing
Ranked #11 of 36 Tours in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Owner description: LA Sightseeing Tours & Charters has been providing the best tours of Los Angeles, Hollywood, Beverly Hills for over 15 years. Let us make your trip a memorable experience of fun, thrills, and excitement.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Fremont, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Avoid at all cost. They are rip-off artists.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We got on the hop-on/hop-off bus in Santa Monica, and the driver drove very slowly yet very dangerously -especially on Rodeo Drive- until we got to Hollywood Blvd. We got off, thinking we'd just visit the Walk of Fame over to the next stop on the bus route and hop back on. We get to the next stop 10 minutes ahead of schedule, and wait for 30 minutes (!). It finally arrives, and completely skips us at the stop (!). I call the office to let them know, and they say the only thing we can do is wait an hour for the next one (!!), confirming that we are indeed at the correct location. She tells me she has notified the driver of her mistake, and to make sure to pick us up on the next round.

So, another hour goes by, and finally it reappears, only to skip us again (!!), even though I practically jumped in front of the bus to try and stop it. The driver was definitely aware we were trying to get on, but didn't even slow down. One person from our group tried running after her, but failed to reach her. (We were 6 people now, 2 of which were already late getting to the airport). I called the office again, telling her that we have now been waiting for 90 minutes, and that she needs to either send the driver back to get us, or at least send us a cab. She tells me there's nothing she can do, and we must wait for the next one (!!!). What would you do in this situation? I ask to speak with her manager. She audible laughs (!) and tells me she's not going to bother the owner on his day off (!!). After warning her that two of her customers were in danger of missing their flight because of this, she finally relents and tells me she's going to have the driver come back around to pick us up "in about 5 minutes". Well, 30 minutes go by (and a few more of us keep calling the office), and it arrives, stopping at the wrong location. We run to catch it, and the driver informs us that she's not allowed to stop where we had been waiting, which is an obvious lie, since all other tour busses stopped there, and was clearly marked "loading zone".

But wait! There's more!

My wife and I try to make the best of the situation and try enjoying the sights, not daring to disembark again. There were only a few hours left on the tour anyhow. *But*, now the office is instructing our bus to deviate from the planned route, in order to circle back around to pick up more folks on Hollywood Blvd(!!!). I was convinced this was a misunderstanding, and that *we* were the folks she was supposed to go pick up, but the driver tells me "no, there are more people there, it'll only take a minute". Ok, fine, but now the passengers that are trying to make their flight are increasingly anxious, and plead with her to have the office send another bus, to no avail. So we circle back, for what must have taken 20 minutes because of the traffic, and lo-and-behold, there are no passengers at the stop. So she drives past, *AND CIRCLES AROUND AGAIN!!!* This time, the detour takes an additional 30 minutes! And of course, there are still no additional passengers waiting at the stop (and we kept our eyes peeled for the 2nd stop too, just in case). At long last, she resumes the route, only to bring us back to the office with a mere 30 minutes to spare, before they close. We paid full price for an incompetent driver to drop us off at one location, leave us stranded in the hot sun for hours, frustrating all of us, and bring us right back. We *hope* the folks that had a flight didn't miss it, but they left us in a hurry, of course.

After all of this, we all thought this must be a unique case, and were entitled to a refund, at least. So a few of us that had time to do so went into the office to complain, only to be rudely treated by the same twit that I had talked with on the phone earlier. "SIR, there's nothing I can do, SIR. We sent the driver back for you didn't we, SIR?" (Her intonation made it clear that "SIR" means "jerk", or worse). "SIR, the best I can do is offer you a 50% discount of your next tour with us." WHAT?! I mean, WHAT?!?

All this time, she keeps cutting us all off mid-sentence, ignoring everything we say (I have a lot of this on video, from my phone, by the way). She again refuses to call anyone, saying instead "I can give you his personal email". Ok, so at least that better than nothing. So she hands us the company's brochure (which we were holding) and points out the company's website. Uh, that's not the owner's personal email, that's a website. "I'm sorry, SIR, that's the best I can do. I'll have to call the police if you continue wasting my time". (!!!!!!) Again, I have this on video. Trying to salvage the rest of the day and not let this twit ruin our modd any further, we decide to just walk away. Even just remembering this miserable experience is gonna ruin my day today. I just hope this review will at least help someone else avoid similar misery.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank DanBourque

Sydney, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“los angeles sightseeing grand tour no 7”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

not worth the money spent - the guide was very knowledgeable - but it took another driver over 1 hour to get to Santa Monica to start the tour ----not sure if all tour companies do this - the bus felt unsafe and a bit old and only 1 restroom stop - really too expensive for what you got just on a whirlwind tour - I would look for another tour company next time, not shown too much in the city.
we have been on tours all over usa and this not the best

Visited May 2013
Sydney
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Day Tour”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We did the All Los Angeles Deluxe Day tour that covered everything mentioned on the brochure. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and gave us ample time at each place. Value for money

Visited June 2013
Adelaide, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Hop on hop off bus - waste of time any money”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This tour showed us nothing of LA other than the Chinese Theatre, which was dirty and closed. Locals were dealing drugs in the street and it was unclean and not a place I would like to visit after dark or on my own. Seriously suggest you dont waste your time or money on this one.

Visited June 2013
Morristown
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My daughter and I took this tour on a Monday (the Premier Tour) It was very well worth the money. Our guide (and I don't remember his name) was very well informed. He took us to see the Grove, Rodeo Dr, Universal City Walk, as well as the Walk of Stars in Hollywood. We weren't rushed anywhere except Rodeo Dr. We got about 20 minutes in this area and saw a "star". He did show us where many celebrities lived and I felt was very informative. I would recommend this tour.

Visited May 2013