“just ok...”

Los Angeles Sightseeing
Ranked #11 of 36 Tours in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Owner description: LA Sightseeing Tours & Charters has been providing the best tours of Los Angeles, Hollywood, Beverly Hills for over 15 years. Let us make your trip a memorable experience of fun, thrills, and excitement.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Scottsdale, Arizona
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“just ok...”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We took the "LOS ANGELES PREMIER GRAND TOUR & MOVIE STARS HOMES" tour (Tour no#7).
We were picked up at our downtown hotel at 8:15. (30 minutes later than they told us)
Then they shuttled us to Santa Monica were we had to "check-in" and wait for another 45 minutes until our sightseeing bus came.
Our tour guy was nice, but I don't think he was very knowledgeable.
Some stuff he made up - I am pretty sure!!!
We started out by driving super quick to see the beach of Santa Monica and from there we went to see the homes of the movie stars. That was actually a very boring part. You drive by homes that are behind huge fences and you don't see too much. The tourguide -I think- also hardly knew which celebrity lived where.It sounded all very made up. I also think we have greater looking neighborhoods with nicer homes in my hometown. I was not impressed at all.
Then we drove by UCLA - drove over the campus. Boring!
Rodeo Drive was a nice but very quick stop. We had quickly time to run to the bathrooms and take a quick spin to see the stores (quick I mean! We had no time to spare) and then we drove off to Hollywood (Walk of Fame, Hollywood Blvd, Chinese Theatre, Kodak Theatre (or now called Dolby Theatre)
We had an hour there for ourselves to explore that area.
Then we drove up into the hills so that we could take a picture of the Hollywood sign and pictures of LA beneath us.
The Farmers Market (The Grove) was interesting. Had some great lunch here.
After that we were dropped off at the Universal City Walk, where the people on the tour who had a hotel in downtown had to wait for their return shuttle for 1 1/2 hours. The other people went back with the original bus to Santa Monica.
The tour was long - took all day day. You mainly sat in the bus.
I think it was ok to see most of LA this way, but I think I would take another tour the next time when I am in LA.
The price for this tour was ok. I think we paid $69.-/person after the coupon we found on their website.

Visited June 2012

Australia
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Not much Gloss mostly Dross!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

If you think driving passed a movie stars home they used to live in 10 years ago is exciting, you probably deserve a tour like this.
It does seem to offer on first glance of the brochure a "Hollywood Experience", the three young girls that flirted with the bus driver very obviously did. This is quite a lot of money to sit in a bus ALL DAY with occasional stops, you do get a clear message the traffic in LA is appalling.
Save money get a car and driver to take you where ever you wish. You will find this much more rewarding.

Visited February 2012
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what I expected at all!!!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Here is my complaint to the company and they told me "thanks, we will improve it for the next tours".. not a good answer at all!!
"Hi! I've took the LA sightseeing today and I'm a little bit dissapointed about it.
I've have booked the hop on and off tour but when they picked me up at the hotel (30min late that the hour I've was previously told) they told me it was not so good because I will have to wait long in places like Beverly hills with all shops closed on Sunday. After this suggestion I've decided to change it for the grant tour number 7 and pay a little bit more.
I didn t like to be so restricted in the time we spent in each place that's why at first I ve chosen the hop on and off and finally all the tours went together. I would have the same service paying 42usd and not 64usd as I ve payed.
I think It would be fair enough to receive some refund about this service.
And please next time don t offer hop on and off if you don t have enough buses to give that service with a good frequency between stops."

Visited April 2012
1 Thank CatheMugno
Melbourne, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Don't do two tours together!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We booked the universal studios tour straight after the Hollywood tour. Big mistake. We were supposed to get to united studios by 12.30pm but they didn't drop us off until 2.45pm. It was 3 by the time we got to the ticket window where we were informed that the studio would be closing at 5pm. We rang la sightseeing asking for our money back as they had essentially ruined this tour for us and they simply said they dropped us off and that was all they had to do. Pathetic.

3 Thank Toppee
sightseeingla, Manager at Los Angeles Sightseeing, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, Toppee. We are very sorry you didn't have more time at Universal Studios. Combination tours have a minimum of 2 hours at the park, maximum is usually 4 hours. This should have been carefully explained to you before the tour departed. Your review has been very helpful in bettering our communication. Thank you again.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Rude, Unprofessional and Unhelpful.”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We took a tour with this company and it started of with a 1hour and 20 minute drive to get to the office. Once we were finally on the tour - the tour guide spoke way too fast, drove illegally and answered the phone numerous times while driving and speaking to the group.

When we booked the tour, we were assured that we would be returned to our hotel by 4.30 (so we booked this because we had other arrangements). However, it got to 4.20 and we still had not completed one section of the tour, so we had to leave the tour and miss one sections. After explaining this to the driver, she rudely said that's too bad.

Once we had a chance, we made a call to the office explaining that we were disappointed that we did not receive what we were promised and the manager by the name of Jaimee, was so unbelievable rude that she ended the conversation by telling me to 'google my questions' and then HANGING UP on me!!!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS COMPANY!

3 Thank Kate P
Thank you for your review, Kate. I am very sorry that you had a negative experience with us. We take your opinion seriously and will use your review to better our operation.
The pick up and drop off shuttle from the hotel to our Terminal in Santa Monica is a complimentary service we offer our guests who don't have their own mode of transportation. Los Angeles is quite a large city and unfortunately the shuttle can take over an hour depending on pick up/drop off location and traffic. We do our best to pick up/drop off our guests in a timely and organized manner, while unforseen circumstances do happen beyond our control. I (Jamie) was trying to explain this to you when you called, but unfortunately I was not given the chance to speak. We try our best to make each guest happy and did not receive other complaints that evening. We apologize for any inconvenience in the misunderstanding.

Thank you for choosing LA Sightseeing.