“Don't do two tours together!!”

Los Angeles Sightseeing
Ranked #11 of 36 Tours in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Owner description: LA Sightseeing Tours & Charters has been providing the best tours of Los Angeles, Hollywood, Beverly Hills for over 15 years. Let us make your trip a memorable experience of fun, thrills, and excitement.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Melbourne, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Don't do two tours together!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

We booked the universal studios tour straight after the Hollywood tour. Big mistake. We were supposed to get to united studios by 12.30pm but they didn't drop us off until 2.45pm. It was 3 by the time we got to the ticket window where we were informed that the studio would be closing at 5pm. We rang la sightseeing asking for our money back as they had essentially ruined this tour for us and they simply said they dropped us off and that was all they had to do. Pathetic.

3 Thank Toppee
sightseeingla, Manager at Los Angeles Sightseeing, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, Toppee. We are very sorry you didn't have more time at Universal Studios. Combination tours have a minimum of 2 hours at the park, maximum is usually 4 hours. This should have been carefully explained to you before the tour departed. Your review has been very helpful in bettering our communication. Thank you again.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Rude, Unprofessional and Unhelpful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

We took a tour with this company and it started of with a 1hour and 20 minute drive to get to the office. Once we were finally on the tour - the tour guide spoke way too fast, drove illegally and answered the phone numerous times while driving and speaking to the group.

When we booked the tour, we were assured that we would be returned to our hotel by 4.30 (so we booked this because we had other arrangements). However, it got to 4.20 and we still had not completed one section of the tour, so we had to leave the tour and miss one sections. After explaining this to the driver, she rudely said that's too bad.

Once we had a chance, we made a call to the office explaining that we were disappointed that we did not receive what we were promised and the manager by the name of Jaimee, was so unbelievable rude that she ended the conversation by telling me to 'google my questions' and then HANGING UP on me!!!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS COMPANY!

3 Thank Kate P
Thank you for your review, Kate. I am very sorry that you had a negative experience with us. We take your opinion seriously and will use your review to better our operation.
The pick up and drop off shuttle from the hotel to our Terminal in Santa Monica is a complimentary service we offer our guests who don't have their own mode of transportation. Los Angeles is quite a large city and unfortunately the shuttle can take over an hour depending on pick up/drop off location and traffic. We do our best to pick up/drop off our guests in a timely and organized manner, while unforseen circumstances do happen beyond our control. I (Jamie) was trying to explain this to you when you called, but unfortunately I was not given the chance to speak. We try our best to make each guest happy and did not receive other complaints that evening. We apologize for any inconvenience in the misunderstanding.

Thank you for choosing LA Sightseeing.
San Ramon, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A scam”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was given this Companies number and phoned them to ask if they were open on Thanksgiving, they advised yes so i asked the price for 8 peopleand was advised $176 so I made a reservation and was advised that my card would not be charged until i came to the office. On arriving at the office I was told the charge was $344, i refused to pay and after a discussion on the phone walked away, one of their employees came running after us and told us it was a communication mistake and we could do the tour for $176 but how could we trust this Company after that. In the true spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday the Company then charged the $344 to my credit card without me authorising or providing me with any service.

Visited November 2011
3 Thank coolhanduk
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tour 1 - Guide James... Run for your life the other way! BORING”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

OMG. I just returned from a 9 day trip to LA and San Diego. The worst part about the trip...Taking this tour! BORING! Four people in my group. If you want to hear about James getting in trouble with his boss... this is the tour to take... if he said it 1 time...he said it 40 plus times! Trapped with him for five hours! OMG BORING!! and then the seeing the homes...here is one of the quotes "oh I googled this and I think this star lives here". Give me a break! This was a waste of time and a waste of money!!! Best part of the tour - Pablo picking us up at the hotel and driving us to Santa Monica. Once at the tour operators office, we had to wait for 3 people...and I mean WAIT! After we left the office, the people showed up...so we had to go back and pick them up... lost 30 to 45 min... YES five stops as advertised if you include picking up the late folks...and sitting at Universal for 45 min at the end of the tour while they got their act straight!! DON'T do it! HORRIBLE!! I guess someone else didn't like his tour...maybe because he spoke about his personal experiences... well, I would have rather heard about his personal experiences rather than hear about it 20 time he brought it up that he got in trouble... and the other problem...he would be in trouble for being late... James...get a new job... or act like an interested tour guide... Honestly, we didn't pay good money to hear about your problems!!!

Visited August 2011
3 Thank Jules726
CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Bad customer service, Boring tour”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

The customer service is very rude.
The tour bus came 30 minutes late than the promised pick up.
The tour is mostly a bus ride. We were let out a few times for 20 to 40 minutes, too short for anything.
For planning, add 2 hours to your tour duration. The tour took quite some extra time for pickup and dropping off people.

I'd suggest to take those open air tour bus, that you can control your own pace.

Visited August 2011