“Park with a view”
Review of Palisades Park

Palisades Park
Ranked #7 of 106 things to do in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Owner description: This lush, 25-acre park overlooking the Pacific is a wonderful place for walkers, bikers and people watchers, and connects with the broad Santa Monica beach made famous in TV's "Baywatch" episodes.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stroll it from the Santa Monica Pier all the way to Santa Monica Canyon. Lovely ocean views, and stairs and bridges over PCh down to the beach. What could be better on a warm weekend. But parking is difficult.

1  Thank Stephen D

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I will miss this park when I move. I can take my dog there or just do a reflective walk, overlooking the Ocean! This is one reasons I love Santa Monica!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

...even more than I do.
We walk "the bluffs" - as we call it - at least once a week, usually at sunset (in the late spring, summer or early fall months) but even in the dark nights of winter (it usually feels safe here, especially when I'm walking my frisky little Pitbull...).
Dog owners/walkers here are good about picking up after so not much to avoid stepping on.
Friendly faces, exercisers, sunbathers, meditators, etc.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Palisades Park runs the length of the cliffs overlooking Santa Monica Bay. It is an extraordinary place to stroll, run, sit, picnic, exercise, meditate, etc. Come alone or bring your family and friends. I often just walk it for exercise and mind clearing. The Santa Monica Pier is at one end of it which is great as a starting place or ending place. At the other end is a totem pole and the mouth of Santa Monica Canyon. Even if it's cold the view is fabulous. Also there is a mini rose garden, a pergola and a sculpture built specifically to line up with the sun at solstice.

3  Thank AFoolForTravel
Reviewed January 10, 2013

A beautiful spot on the LA coast line. We kept and clean. Will Rodgers State Beach is close and many activities can be had. Parking can be a challenge, but it is worth it.