“My favorite palce in Santa Monica” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Santa Monica Sweet Spots Bike Tour
Ranked #3 of 103 things to do in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Owner description: A moviegoer's haven, this colorful three-block stretch, open to pedestrians only, has some 20 movie theater screens, hundreds of stores, numerous restaurants, animal topiaries and street entertainment running the gamut from dancers to fortune tellers.
Kiev
“My favorite palce in Santa Monica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My favorite palce in Santa Monica!I love to visit 3rd Street Promenade everytime we visit the US. We like watching all the talented people performing everyday. Lots of nice food and shopping is great.

Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Pasadena, California
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Ideal Outdoor and Indoor Shopping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

When I first moved to Los Angeles I spent almost every weekend at the Third Street Promenade. It is filled with lots of interesting shops, restaurants and coffee places. If you like shopping Santa Monica Place has almost everything you need. There are also many more shops outside

To be honest some of the places I ate on the 3rd Street Promenade weren't that great so I can't reccomend them. Some of them had great seating for people watching but offered food that was either not that great or very expensive. But overall Santa Monica has lots of good restaurants. My favorite is Fritto Misto which serves great Northern Italian cusine (located at Colorado & 6th). I also like Rockenwagner a lot, although it can be pretty expensive.

If you are near the Third Street Promenade you are not far from the Santa Monica Pier. So take a walk on the pier or just enjoy the view of one of the best beach towns anywhere.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank JohnB00007
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“The usual collection of stores”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Same old stores you see everywhere else. Nice that it is a promenade with pedestrian traffic only. Would like to see more local stores that aren't part of a big chain.

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I could find virtually anything I needed here! I love Sephora, Desigual, Old Navy, just tons. And good food.

Pike Road, AL
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Nice Shops and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

The shops and atmosphere are very nice. On the weekend there were street actors singing, acting, or selling crafts which was charming.

Unfortunately the homeless are a sad part of this area. They are present at all times of day and all the places we walked. It was sad and disturbing - I'm not sure if there is any help for them.