Motel 6 Santa Maria - South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Holiday Motel(Santa Maria)
View Hotel
De Ville Motel(Santa Maria)
Budget Inn(Santa Maria)
Laura Lodge(Santa Maria)
Western Motel(Santa Maria)
Fountain Motel(Santa Maria)
View Hotel
All reviewswalk in showermain roadleft earlylong drivegood sizela
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Having read the reviews on here(as I always do) I made the choice to stay in this budget hotel which at the time seemed a good deal. I would normally stay at a more upmarket hotel with my Fiancee but my budget was tight and so I made the plunge! Arriving as darkness fell we saw the hotel sign and thought great we're here...but then as we pulled into the car park we thought "Oh no, surely this isnt it?"

With the thought of making a bad choice already in our heads we made our way to the reception area which looked a bit tatty and basic but the guy on the desk was polite and we got our keys and headed for the upstairs room (possibly 227 but possibly wrong?). On opening the door our initial thoughts were correct. We put our luggage down and tried to put the tv on-the remote would not work! I almost didn't want to put my luggage and bags down anywhere as the whole place was so tatty and worn it was scarey.

I went straight away to the reception area and asked where the renovated rooms were as I had read in the reviews as thats what I wanted..."the only renovations we have had done sir are on the outside of the buildings!"...I couldn't see where that had been done to be honest as it certainly wasn't done on the insides!! I was then told that we had to have a code given to us to enable the tv remote to work-which afterwards it did.

The room temperature was ok and we didn't need the air-con swithching on until the next night...which didn't work at all...but you may have guessed by now (we hadn't!) that you also needed a code to turn this on as well which we were not told about until on checking out!!! We also put stuff in the fridge which was not working either but t wasnt too hot in the room so we put it dowe to bad luck but then found in the last morning that it only needed plugging in....doh!

So maybe that was our fault in not checking I guess but we should have been told ALL this on checking in. The small table in the room was filthy and very worn, the quilt had cig' burns on the edge so we pulled that off for a start-the sheets were thankfully clean but only a small and thinish pillow was given with no spares in the room. The mirror in the bathoom area was badly stained with huge brown rings (possibly rust) everywhere and was extremely unsightly.

The sink just had a rusty plug hole-no plug at all though the shower worked ok but looked a bit iffy so I decided to opt out of that option. The bed itself was of an iron/brass frame type-on sitting on it the springs creaked and groaned as did the frame itself-this was going to be a nightmare as turning over in bed was always going to be a noisey affair-I tried squashing something behind the headboard to help matters but it didn't-beware anybody on a honeymoon LOL!!! We put up with it all for the 2 nights and left for nearby Solvang for a wonderful breakfast and a lengthy strole around the pretty Danish town.

We did Denny's which is next door to the hotel on the first morning but decided we could do better elsewhere which we did in Solvang. I so wish I had gone and paid a few extra bucks for somewhere different I really do-but the Pismo Beach Custom Car show (the point of staying here) was great and the trip to Solvang made it kind of all worthwhile and we sort of both laughed it off as a bad mistake and never again. My verdict is thus: If you are on your own and you don't give a rats then this will be ok, but if you have a partner stay away at all costs as it could harm the relationship for ever...pay a few more bucks and give it a big miss!! ...Renovations my A**E!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2010

After reading the reviews I was a little nervous about my 4 night stay here. When reserving I requested to be in a recently renovated room. I can't find anything to complain about.

67/night and the shower works great, kind of small stall, but great water pressure. Plenty of hot water, nozzle might seem low for people over 5'6".

Bedding is basic but the sheets are surprisingly soft. I bring my own pillows but there were two king size pillows on the bed, not too big, not too flat.

My room is 217, overlooks the pool, such a pleasant view from my balcony that has a slider that opens up to the room. Also has a ceiling fan.

All the furniture matched, seemed pretty new. Carpet's clean - I walked around barefoot!

The bathroom and vanity are old style formica but nothing was cracked or seemed in need of repair.

Since I'm here 4 days, the microwave and good size fridge, about 3 feet tall, were priceless. I walked to Vons for groceries - about a 5 min walk.

Free wireless was easy to hookup and it was FAST.

Front desk staff was helpful - no TV list in the room but I just went on tvguide.com to figure out what channels there - and there were a lot - about 90 - and there's HBO.

The room has A/C but with the slider and ceiling fan, and the ocean fog in the evening, I didn't need it, but it worked.

I was here by myself and I completely felt safe. I saw some people with kids in the pool, and mostly the other people appeared to be workers staying here.

My job was at another hotel nearby but their rates were 129, so this place was such a tremendous find! Thank you TRIP ADVISOR peeps!

CONS: I was on the 2nd floor and there's no elevator so I had to lug my bags up stairs.
No ironing board in room, but i don't iron. Also no hair dryer, but I bring my own.

But seriously, I can't really complain about anything - plenty of parking. Denny's and Jack in the Box just next door.

Book this place and be sure to say you want a renovated room. It's great!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2010

For those of you on a budget this will be a nice treat. We went to Santa Maria a couple months ago and stayed in a " yucky PIT" called Best Value Inn. This time for only $10.00 more a night we had a pleasant visit in this very clean and pleasant property. Staff was polite and coffee was fresh and hot every morning.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2009

very nice little hotel. the front desk was great, we called ahead to reserve a room while we were wine tasting and they accommodated us nicely. the hotel has free internet, the room was clean and spacious and it had a microwave and fridge. no extras like a hair dryer or iron, and the bed was not the most comfortable but they were a good price. and the location was good, close to the 101.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Basic, nice inn. Clean and spacious room. Stayed there in December, so the place was quite empty. The front desk staff was friendly and we were able to check in and out very efficiently and quickly. Complimentary coffee in the lobby, free wi-fi. Location was ok, not really within walking distance of the so-called city center, but there were some restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple