“nice surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
San Diego, CA
“nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2009

very nice little hotel. the front desk was great, we called ahead to reserve a room while we were wine tasting and they accommodated us nicely. the hotel has free internet, the room was clean and spacious and it had a microwave and fridge. no extras like a hair dryer or iron, and the bed was not the most comfortable but they were a good price. and the location was good, close to the 101.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Helsinki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

Basic, nice inn. Clean and spacious room. Stayed there in December, so the place was quite empty. The front desk staff was friendly and we were able to check in and out very efficiently and quickly. Complimentary coffee in the lobby, free wi-fi. Location was ok, not really within walking distance of the so-called city center, but there were some restaurants nearby.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Falkirk, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

My partner and I have just returned from a road trip in California. As part of this journey we travelled from Santa Cruz to San Diego which is about 8 hours drive or more. We decided to stop off halfway to split the driving time up and booked this motel on the hop.

We were really pleased when we arrived as the reception staff were excellent and very friendly and our room was clean, spacious and very comfortable.

I would put this motel on par with a decent 3 star accommodation back home and would defo recommend to anyone just looking for somewhere decent to stop off on the long drive down the coast.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Chowchilla, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

After reading your reviews on this site we were concerned about the negatives. However, since we had stayed there previously, we decided to stay there, which we did 7-24-09 thru 7-26-09. We were very pleasantly surprised to see that theis Motel is under new ownership and has remodelled and re-decorated, resulting in a very pleasant stay with very clean room and service desk could not have been more friendly or helpful. We definitely will stay there again. Location is great; right off Hiway 101 and close to shopping. Two restaurants next door.
Phillip M. Lawrence
Chowchilla, CA

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

The place is in need of serious updating. Frankly, I thought it was a dump and as a woman I did not feel safe staying there. Jacuzzi was not working and staff didn't know when it would be fixed. Also had my reservation wrong -- had me down for two rooms not one room. Staff were pleasant and helpful though. I would not recommend this place to someone else unless they have real budgetary concerns.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Santa Maria hotels

Central Coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2008

I was very disappointed to find that the reservations I made were neglected.
On Friday night I spoke to their desk person over the phone and explained I was happy to pay for 2 nights ( Friday and Saturday) to be able check in very early on Saturday. The person took my credit card information and asured me the room would be waiting for us. However when I arrived at the Rose Garden at 10 am Saturday morning the manager said all my information was there but they didn't have a room. Never said he was sorry and told me I could have a different room but not until 3pm. I think travelers should know this. When I was very expliciet
about my situation they confirmed it, then weren't even bothered
enough to help me. I didn't ask for anything and left the place.

Stayed June 2008
Rock Springs, WY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2008

I was pleasantly surprised with the room and it's amenities. After a long day of house hunting and being exhausted, I really appreciated the friendliness of the desk staff and the more than comfortable room. I had a great nights sleep! I enjoyed my stay and would absolutely stay there again. I thought it was a nice hotel for the price and since I travel a lot for work and pleasure I can honestly say it's an above average hotel in comparison to a Motel 6 or Super 8 that charges more.

• Liked — Nice big room with comfortable bed
  • Disliked — It was all fine
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)