“Great Stay At Travelodge”

Travelodge Santa Maria
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
california
“Great Stay At Travelodge”
Reviewed March 11, 2009

The room was very comfortable and was equipped with all the comforts of home. My husband loved the bed and found the down bedding very cosy - (it seemed to be new). Having a flat screen television was also a surprise and not expected.

They also have a beautiful landscaped courtyard in the center of the hotel which is where the pool and jacuzzi was. We took a dip on the last night of our stay and it was great. The pool was heated to a nice temperature and the jacuzzi was great for my husband to relax in.

Breakfast was served in there lobby area and there was ample seating for everyone. I loved the fresh hot waffles they serve and my husband liked their cinnamon rolls.

Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay here and are looking forward to staying there when we return to Santa Maria later in the year.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fresno, California
Reviewed November 10, 2008

OK, most of the reviews here are correct, this property IS old, and shows it. There are in fact damaged or blemished areas of carpet, walls, and furniture. However, the small touches are interesting to! My room has real glass glasses, and ceramic coffee cups, the room also had a microwave and refrigerator, and the bathroom just felt cozy or comfy, like home, I like that the bathroom had a window, call me goofy ;)----another cool thing about the room, it had a balcony that was huge! On the balcony, was a little table and chairs, though the room allowed for much more furniture! Service at the front desk was average, no complaints. Over all, I think this particular motel would be a good choice for wild people! ;) ----- I would NOT recommend this motel for older travelers or families that demand the best! Sorry, but that is the truth!

• Liked — The Balcony!
  • Disliked — Old damaged furniture! :(
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank SoapinTrucker
Orlando, FL
Reviewed October 28, 2008

Great Place To Stay...Nice Breakfast Bar

• Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
Taipei,Taiwan
Reviewed July 23, 2008

I booked a suite with two double beds and one sofa bed. We got a big room. Acceptable clean and comfort, so does the breakfast. No elevator. Swimming pool looks terrible. Next to a Von's market so it's convenient to buy grocery.
Old but ok to stay.

• Disliked — pool
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
California
Reviewed June 26, 2008

Friendly management but many areas need to be updated. We had a broken screen on our front window but staff came and put locks on windows for security. My mother next door needed a lock on back bathroom window because faced alley with a constant flow of 'foot traffic' which they took care of. Found a leak in my mothers bathroom when guest above her showered and requested another room but they stated none available. Mother had to shower in me and my husbands room next door. Was not comfortable with the parking, no camaras, no lighting, and easy target for theives or worse. Not acceptable so checked out early.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Functionality of rooms, options in case problems, parking lot
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
laguna niguel, ca
Reviewed March 15, 2008

I was taking a required class at the nearby college and needed a 1 night stay. Figured for the price it would suffice. Boy was I wrong. The hotel was just run-down and old. Check-in was nothing spectacular and the room smelled dingy and musty. The bathroom had broken tile grout and everything was just dirty and gross. I was worried whether my car would still be in the parking lot the next morning. If I ever pass through Santa Maria again I will gladly pay extra for a cleaner and safer hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Room was dirty and dingy.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 5, 2008

Customer service left something to be desired on two issues:

1) When we had a problem with TV reception, they sent over someone right away. His repair didn't last, and we called the front desk again. They made us change rooms, and only as we shuttled all our bags to another room did the repairman tell us his original fix was temporary, as he was about to make the fix permanent.

2) A few days after getting home I noticed on my credit card an additional $3.00 charge. I called the hotel and found out the rental agreement includes a $1.50/day charge for use of the in-room safe -- which I never opened. I called them and they agreed to refund the $3.00. I wonder how much they make off this little $3.00 charge?

A very average hotel, the only plus being the heated pool and spa.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Hidden in-room safe charge.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family