“Excellent! Great place to stay in Santa Maria”

Travelodge Santa Maria
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
Reviewed May 31, 2013

There is nothing negative we can say about this location. Beginning with check-in through check-out. Stephanie, at the front desk, was great! Very knowlegable about restaurants, attractions and directions. The rooms are modern, comfortable and super clean. Breakfast (free) was always maintained with sufficient coffee, teas, toast, rolls, etc. There is also a neat pancake maker with which we suprised as to how good they tasted. We spent 5 nights here and did not regret one minute. All the staff was willing to go out of there way to assist us with anything we needed. Due to the weather (cool), we did not use the pool or hot tub; however, well maintained and clean. The grounds have beautiful roses and there is even a stone bbq pit for cooking. We recommend this Travelodge to anyone without hesitation. Bob and Helen

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We spent one night there. It's a good place to stay. We have 5 people including 3 adults and 2 kids, but their room is very large, so you won't feel like crowded. The bathroom and towls are also clean. And we like the breakfast provided by travelodge best.

Room Tip: twin queen-size bed room is very large, good for a whole family
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Beautiful big room with large reading or tv viewing chair and small table with two cahirs and work desk. Everything clean and well maintained. Shower head nice and high like a I like it. Only a few miles to my business meating and close to some great steak restaurants. AND A FREE BREAKFAST.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013

comfortable rooms nice area i would surly stay there again everyone is so nice and good breakfast. the are was right in the middle of the town. the pool was clean and a nice size. the bed was actually comfortable i got a good nice sleep. the batroom was nice and clean and the towls were actually nice and clean and felt soft there was plenty of space to put our luggage and walk around in.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Good news first, Stephanie at the front desk was great. Very helpful with answering some questions we had (restaurants, etc.) Then it went downhill, no Wifi in our room, advertised FREE BREAKFAST what a joke. I went down at 8:15 on Sunday morning and found nothing but some bread to toast. No danish, no muffins, no nothing....

1  Thank Padrechris
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am very satisfied with my stay at Travelodge in Santa Maria. I attended a week long conference in Sacramento and stood at an Extended Stay of America. My stay there was okay. The bed was stiff so I tossed and turned all week long. Still not bad. I stopped in Santa Maria because I was getting tired and ended up at Motel 6. BIG mistake. The smell roomed horrible, had no towels and the A/C did not work. I could not sleep so decided to just continue the rest of my drive that same night but I was really falling asleep. I stopped at Travelodge, and though the price was about $30 more, I wish I had gone straight here. The room was very nice. Had hardwood floor and tile in the bathroom. It had a whirlpool tub which helped me relax after the whole Motel 6 nightmare. There was a flat screen TV. I got in bed and it was soo comfortable (more than the bed at my home). As soon as I got in, I went to sleep til the next morning. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone in or around the Santa Maria area. Do not even try other hotels and make the mistake I did. It is not right off the highway (101) but it is well worth it and you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: I believe the rooms by the front are better than the ones towards the rear (according to my brother)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business