“Zagat rated stay!!! Best Hotel in Santa Maria”

Travelodge Santa Maria
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
Santa Barbara, California
“Zagat rated stay!!! Best Hotel in Santa Maria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

I want to write this review so that this excellent hotel is recognized as a wonderful place to stay. I need to stay in Santa Maria several days a week due to work obligations. The staff is more than courteous, they made me feel like I had a safe home away from home. When there were minor issues with other guests they quickly resolved the problems. The breakfast was excellent and it is locatied 10 minutes walk from my work. Finally it is important for me to have a VERY comfortable bed. Their beds are excellent, clean and the decor is fresh, clean and modern. I would bring my business to these folks any day of the week, they are as good as any 4 Seasons hotel. Highly recommended..

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank christineclarke
GM15573, Director of Sales at Travelodge Santa Maria, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Thank you for sharing your positive experiences during your stay. Our team members strive to make each and every stay a memorable one. I am delighted to hear that you enjoy our expanded continenental breakfast and the luxurious new beds and bedding that is featured in all 70 guest rooms and suites. We all trully thank you for your kind words and look forward to welcoming you to Travelodge on your next visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

We just needed a place to get away from the kids for a weekend. This was the perfect place. Just what we needed. The staff was great. Relaxing comfortable beds. Nice heated pool and jacuzzi and breakfast included. Cant beat it in Santa Maria!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wjmilner03
Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you were able to enjoy your time off from the kids! You mentioned the pool and spa. It was resurfaced in 2010 and all pool furniture was replaced with new. The spa now boasts a travertine deck and new layout. The courtyard was re-landscaped to create a more relaxing setting. Our team look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

I stayed with family that came to town to visit. It was PERFECT! The staff was excellant. They accomodated our every needs. A bigger room at the last minute! Woohoo! There suites are AWESOME! HUGE!!!!! Breakfast was great. Fully stocked and fresh. We will be back!! Thank You Travelodge and Staff you were great.

Room Tip: Be Friendly!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jacky1483
Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay and our fabulous team members! You mentioned that you stayed in one of our family suites. We do have several large open plan and two room suites that have been re-designed in 2011. All new bathrooms, new furniture, beds, bedding, LCD TV's and appliances. They truly do provide a combination of value and comfort. Im glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast offering too! Again, thank you for your review and our team look forward to making your next stay just as memorable as your last.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

I was treated with utmost respect at the Travelodge! The people were very quick to help you in whatever your needs may be. I wold definitely stay there again and I recommend everyone to their hotel. The continental breakfast was delicious and the food was very fresh. My room was very clean and well maintained. I have stayed at the Santa Maria Inn before, and their services were not nearly as good as the Travelodge. Thank you so much.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jordan2356
WOW! What a compliment!! Our whole team strives to be the best and aim to offer a memorable experience to all our guests. I am delighted that we achieved this on your visit to our hotel. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Travelodge.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed there for a weekend so we could visit the wineries. The rooms are newly renovated and they have done a great job! The furniture is all brand new and looks great. The rooms are kept very clean. This is not what I expected for what I paid. The rates were more than reasonable and the staff was very welcoming. The beds are very comfortable and the down comforters and linens make the bed over the top. Not to mention the plasma TVs made my boyfriend very happy. This is probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at, I would stay there again in a heart beat. The prices are extremely reasonable.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank b223p353
Thank you for your kind review! Travelodge Santa Maria is a fabulous place to stay and enjoy Santa Barbara Wine Country. We have invested a large sum of money and time to make our guest rooms of a higher quality so that we can offer our guests an unbeatable value and comfort. Guests like you continue to mention the comfortable new beds and duvet bedding. This is just one of the many new improvements made in 2011. Our entire team thank you for choosing to stay with Traveldoge Santa Maria and look forward to having you as our guest again in the furture.
Ojai, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

I always stay at this hotel when I travel down the coast on monthly business. The price of the rooms is totally worth what you get. I loooooove the beds at this hotel! The rooms aren't perfect but very clean and all of them have fridges and microwaves. I've stayed at other hotels in the area but this one is a real find.
P.S. Jim has some awesome dinning recommedations.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Loo007
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you choose to stay at Travelodge Santa Maria when in the area. We have designed our rooms to be 'business traveler friendly'. We now have larger work desks, comfortable chairs, better lighting and convenient electrical outlets in more locations. The best feature is the internet - which is fast and free. We have installed ethernet spools in all rooms which is secure and lighting fast and the most reliable WiFi. We hope on you next visit you can take advantage of these new in-room features.
Blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

We stayed here for 1night on a trip from San fran to la. It was lovely. After driving all that way we spent 2 hours in the lovely hot jacuzzi outside with a few beers and really felt like the holiday had started properly after the madness of sf. Room was good, comfy bed, tv didn't work very well but that may have been me after too many beers! Good breakfast with real American waffles too.

• Stayed June 2010